Who we are:
Geotab ® is a global leader in IoT and connected transportation and certified “Great Place to Work™.” We are a company of diverse and talented individuals who work together to help businesses grow and succeed, and increase the safety and sustainability of our communities.
Geotab is advancing security, connecting commercial vehicles to the internet and providing web-based analytics to help customers better manage their fleets. Geotab’s open platform and Geotab Marketplace ®, offering hundreds of third-party solution options, allows both small and large businesses to automate operations by integrating vehicle data with their other data assets. Processing billions of data points a day, Geotab leverages data analytics and machine learning to improve productivity, optimize fleets through the reduction of fuel consumption, enhance driver safety and achieve strong compliance to regulatory changes.
Our team is growing and we’re looking for people who follow their passion, think differently and want to make an impact. Ours is a fast paced, ever changing environment. Geotabbers accept that challenge and are willing to take on new tasks and activities - ones that may not always be described in the initial job description. Join us for a fulfilling career with opportunities to innovate, great benefits, and our fun and inclusive work culture. Reach your full potential with Geotab. To see what it’s like to be a Geotabber, check out our blog
and follow us @InsideGeotab on Instagram
. Join our talent network
to learn more about job opportunities and company news.
Geotab cares about your safety. You may be required to be vaccinated based on the nature of your work (ex: travel requirements) or due to changing local governmental health requirements.
Who you are:
We are always looking for amazing talent who can contribute to our growth and deliver results! Geotab is seeking a Senior Software Developer for our Sustainability team, who will create web-based applications in C# to create fast and responsive user interfaces surrounding out fuel and energy data. If you love technology, and are keen to join an industry leader — we would love to hear from you!
What you’ll do:
As a Senior Software Developer your key area of responsibility will be to lead and contribute to design discussions; develop new solutions to perform analysis on large amounts of data.
To be successful in this role you will be a self-starter with strong written and verbal communication skills, and have the ability to quickly understand complex, technical concepts. In addition, the successful candidate will have strong analytical and project management skills with an ability to identify needs, develop effective solutions, and manage projects through completion. The successful candidate will also be able to manage multiple timelines and contrasting priorities to ensure timely results.
How you’ll make an impact:
- Lead and contribute to design discussions; create detailed and easy to follow technical documents.
- Write quality, in-depth software in a variety of programming languages and environments, such as C#, TypeScript, SQL.
- Analyze call stacks, trace files, and performance data to troubleshoot and identify the root cause of bugs.
- Participate in development of prototypes and proofs of concept.
- Provide assistance to our support staff and resellers from a technical perspective. This may be in the form of on-call or ad-hoc questions relating to how certain features work or verifying the behaviour by reviewing code.
- Research new language features, frameworks and other relevant technologies and offer recommendations.
What you’ll bring to this role:
- 5-8 years experience as a Software Developer using object-oriented programming to build scalable applications.
- Expert knowledge with C# and .NET.
- Experience with SQL/NoSql database design, optimization, and writing queries.
- Experience with a cloud computing environment such as GCP, AWS or Azure.
- Working knowledge of Docker and Kubernetes.
- Experience with Python, Google Compute Engine, and Google BigQuery.
- Proficiency in Git (or some other distributed source control tool) and are comfortable with resolving merge conflicts and renaming branches, etc.
- Strong project management skills; able to identify needs, develop effective solutions, and manage projects through to completion.
If you got this far, we hope you’re feeling excited about this role! Even if you don’t feel you meet every single requirement, we still encourage you to apply.
Why job seekers choose Geotab:
Work from home and flex work arrangements
Home office reimbursement program
Baby bonus & parental leave top up program
Online learning and networking opportunities
Electric vehicle purchase incentive program
Competitive medical and dental benefits
Retirement savings program
*The above are offered to full-time permanent employees only
How we work:
At Geotab, we have adopted a flexible first
working model in that we have systems, functions, programs and policies in place to support both in-person and virtual work. However, you are welcomed and encouraged to come into our beautiful, safe, clean offices as often as you like. When working from home, you are required to have a reliable internet connection with at least 50mb DL/10mb UL. Virtual work is supported with cloud-based applications, collaboration tools and asynchronous working. The health and safety of employees are a top priority. We encourage work-life balance and keep the Geotab culture going strong with online social events, chat rooms and gatherings. Join us and help reshape the future of technology!
We believe that ensuring diversity is fundamental to our future growth and progress and is an integral part of our business. We believe that success happens where new ideas can flourish – in an environment that is rich in diversity and a place where people from various backgrounds can work together. Geotab encourages applications from all qualified individuals. We are committed to accommodating people with disabilities during the recruitment and assessment processes and when people are hired. We will ensure the accessibility needs of employees with disabilities are taken into account as part of performance management, career development, training and redeployment processes. If you require accommodation at any stage of the application process or want more information about our diversity and inclusion as well as accommodation policies and practices, please contact us at [email protected] Click here to learn more about what happens with your personal data.