Visual Designer (UX/UI) - Brand Marketing Team
Posted on 2/2/2022
- Learn and onboard onto Canvas digital design system, and designing pages supported by Canvas CMS
- Work collaboratively with Brand, Brand Studio, Brand creative, PMs and Engineering to create a web experience for each campaign
- Produce a range of digital assets including, wireframes, digital assets, prototypes and handover documentation
- Bring inspiration to drive the future of Canvas campaign landing pages
- Work collaboratively with other Digital Designers in the company to align and consolidate UI patterns, share knowledge and learnings, and improve overall website experiences
- A designer who is naturally curious and passionate about design with a keen awareness of the evolving landscape of available tools, technologies, resources and trends. You are a master of your craft and love to bring projects to life. You are comfortable working in a high pace and iterative environment inside a cross functional team and can navigate from chaos to clarity. Highly collaborative, you are able to bring people with you on the design journey, proposing creative solutions informed by data and research while addressing business goals and strategies
- A portfolio that demonstrates experience in designing landing pages, a strong understanding in user behaviour and how to drive conversion
- You work iteratively and have experience with conversion optimization, A/B testing, User testing and using data to inform design decisions
- You are comfortable with the various acquisition channels (SEO, SEM, Social etc..) and are able to provide holistic, consistent and performant solutions
- You shine through your designs, creating user flows and wireframes that simplify user experience
- You are eager to visually communicate your ideas through prototypes to test with users
- You thrive in a collaborative workplace partnering with other designers, engineers, product developers and other disciplines throughout the company
- You appreciate big picture thinking. While details are everything, creating an experience that always keeps our users in mind is equally as important
- You are a problem solver thats excited by a challenge. You enjoy sitting in a room and whiteboarding ideas to confidently come up with simple, elegant solutions that everyone can move forward with
- You are an empathetic user advocate that values the backing of research and data analysis when it comes to designing modern solutions
- You enjoy a little flexibility in your work. Our growth means there are constantly new things to work on every day, as such its likely that youll often be working across the board on new and exciting projects
- Comfortable with chaos. You can find solutions even without perfect precedents or direction, and map out a path to clarity and execution. You can work out ways to achieve the impossible and ride through change like a boss
- (Discovery) Youll contribute to the discovery phase with user stories, research, competitor analysis, wireframes, user flows etc.. and help define the problem and solutions
- (Definition) Youll translate creative concepts, insights, data and user research into prototypes to validate ideas with stakeholders and end users
- (Visual design) Youll design creative and on-brand visual solutions such as, banners, graphics, UI motions, landing pages and websites that drive users to the product and inspire them to create a design
- (Implementation) Youll work closely with engineers during implementation and review final deliverables with an exacting eye, ensuring that layout, images, typography and general experience is flawless and on-brand
- (Iteration) Youll iterate and optimise pages and user flows for conversion
- Youll design at scale keeping in mind internationalisation, CMS integration, accessibility, design system, mobile design and various technical constraints and opportunities
Online design and publishing tool
Canva is on a mission to empower everyone in the world to design anything and publish anywhere.
- Competitive health benefits plans to support you and your wellbeing
- Equity packages truly be a part of the Canva journey
- 401(k) retirement plan with company contribution to support you, with your future Hybrid work model (in-office & from home) coming together for 8 days a year. The rest, you choose where you work best.
- Flexible leave so you can recharge, give back, support others or focus on your own professional development.
- Inclusive parental leave policy that supports all parents and carers throughout their parenting and caring journey.
- An annual Vibe & Thrive allowance. This is for you to spend on whatever will support your wellbeing and development. It could be anything, from a Masterclass subscription to an electronic stand-up desk, a pilates membership, or dinner out with a teammate. Because you know what you need to Vibe and Thrive, better than anyone.
- Virtual and in-office wellness benefits including Canva University, Employee Assistant Programs and other benefits to support your physical, mental, and social wellbeing.
- Canva For Good program matching your not-for-profit donations and a range of sustainability and ethical initiatives to get involved in.
- Make complex things simple
- Set crazy goals and make them happen
- Be a force for good
- Empower others
- Pursue excellence
- Be a good human