Staff Software Engineer
Posted on 4/27/2022
Austin, TX, USA
- You will be part of Visa's Digital Development Platform (DDP) global team which focuses on building end to end solution for digitization and mobilization of commerce for global market. We are looking for a technically expert Staff Software Engineer for our Client Integration Solution team based out our Austin office to assure client success in using our products such as Visa Token Service, Visa Direct, Visa Digital Commerce App, and Visa Development Platform
- This role requires quick troubleshooting and problem solving skills, logical thinking, and application of programming techniques to design, build, and maintain solution for clients. Deep knowledge of computer science fundamentals, mobile & web technologies, multi-tiered architecture and experience in tools development. In addition to the technical skill set and passion for learning new technology, the candidate will be a self-starter, results-driven, and equipped with excellent verbal and written communication skills to interface with external teams & stakeholders. Successful candidate will have a flair for out-of-box thinking and be passionate about mentoring and coaching junior software engineers
- 5 or more years of relevant work experience with a Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or a related discipline or at least 2 years of work experience with an Advanced degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or 0 years of work experience with a PhD
- 7+ yrs of hands on software product development experience with ability to come up with solution and implement it independently
- Expert level skills in developing multi-tier application based on Java, C#, or C++
- In-depth knowledge of web (TCP/IP, HTTP, HTML, REST, SOAP, XML/JSON) and/or mobile technologies (Android/iOS)
- Experience building & testing enterprise scale web services (RESTful) and security practices
- Experience building tools, native mobile apps or SDK
- Demonstrated proficiency in troubleshooting, and root-cause analysis
- A go-getter who is not overwhelmed by new technology, tight timelines, or parallel projects
- Thrives in a fast-paced environment and flexible to work with distributed global teams and willing to support clients globally
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, interpersonal and presentation skills, and proven ability to influence and communicate effectively
- Strong practitioner of Visa's Leadership principles
- 6 or more years of work experience with a Bachelor's Degree or 4 or more years of relevant experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or up to 3 years of relevant experience with a PhD
- Experience in payments tech / banking system software
Leading credit card company
Visa's mission is to remove barriers and connect more people to the global economy. The company provides end-to-end financial infrastructure.
- Health Insurance.
- Life Insurance.
- Dental Insurance.
- Disability Insurance.
- Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance.
Company Core Values
- Integrity: Doing well by doing right.
- People: Behind payments are people.
- Innovation: Pioneering with a purpose.
- Clients: Keeping clients in focus.
- Collaboration: Pulling ahead by pulling together.