Genies is culture’s leading avatar technology company empowering humans to create their own avatar experiences. To-date, Genies has been widely adopted by cultural tastemakers and has partnerships with Universal Music Group and Warner Music Group as their rosters’ “official avatar.” Genies has recently launched its consumer arm via its AR Developer Kit which allows developers to create interoperable avatar experiences for mobile and hardware AR. Their first avatar experience, Silver Studio, allows users to design and exchange digital fashion. Genies has raised $250M from investors such as Silver Lake, BOND, NEA, and Bob Iger valuing the company at $1 billion.
Genies is looking for an experienced Data Infrastructure Engineer to join our rapidly growing engineering team. As a Data Infrastructure Engineer here at Genies, you’ll help contribute to the current and future growth of our data platforms. The ideal candidate would work well in teams, be comfortable working on a variety of software systems and wearing multiple hats, thrive in complex and ambiguous technology areas that involve the latest data solutions that will define the use of data for web3 consumer experiences. You will combine software engineering and data engineering to design and build our data platform.
What You’ll be Doing
- Design and implement our data warehouse solution on AWS using Terraform (required)
- Develop data schemas, tables, and views to govern consumer and performance data.
- Build ETL pipelines for data profiling, data cleaning, and data aggregation.
- Ensure data integrity across all data sources.
- Manage data ingestion and processing infrastructure stacks with proper monitoring and alerting.
- Provide underlying data support for all analytics projects.
- Collaborate closely with data analytics engineering and data science teams.
What You Should Have
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, a related technical field, or equivalent practical experience.
- 4+ years of experience in engineering data solutions using big data technologies (Hive, Presto, Spark, Flink) on large-scale data sets
- Passionate about building data models, data processing pipeline, and data infrastructure
- Expertise in Infrastructure as Code with Terraform and Amazon Web Services
- Strong knowledge of AWS data and analytics solutions (e.g. Kinesis, Glue, Athena, Redshift, S3, Aurora, Lake Formation)
- Experience with one or more programming languages, including but not limited to: Python, SQL, Scala
- Good communication and collaboration skills. Able to take vague business and analytics requirements and convert them into scalable data solutions
How Genies will support you
Genies is a well-funded, growing start-up that cares deeply about each of our employees’ growth and success. Our roles and their responsibilities are created with a breadth of scope that introduces each employee to exciting new challenges and opportunities that a growing start-up encounters. The actual base pay is dependent upon a number of factors, including: professional background, training, transferable skills, work experience, education, location, business and product needs, and market demand. The base pay range is subject to change and may be modified in the future. Full-time employees may also be eligible for equity compensation, in addition to a robust health, wellness, and benefits package.
Starting Salary Range: $160,000.00 to $190,000.00 USD
Here’s why you’ll love working at Genies
- You’ll work with a team that you’ll be able to learn from and grow with, including support for your own professional development
- You’ll be at the helm of your own career, shaping it with your own innovative contributions to a nascent team and product with flexible hours and a work from home policy
- You’ll enjoy the culture and perks of a startup, with the stability of being well funded
- Comprehensive health insurance for you and your family (Anthem + Kaiser Options Available), Dental and Vision Insurance
- Competitive salaries and 401K program for all full-time employees
- Flexible paid time off, sick time, and paid company holidays, in addition to paid parental leave, bereavement leave, and jury duty leave for full-time employees
- Health & wellness support through programs such as monthly wellness reimbursement
- Working in a brand new, bright, open-environment and fun office space - there’s even a slide!
- Choice of MacBook or windows laptop
Genies is an equal opportunity employer committed to promoting an inclusive work environment free of discrimination and harassment. We value diversity, inclusion, and aim to provide a sense of belonging for everyone.