Moxion is a vertically integrated manufacturer of all-electric mobile power and energy storage solutions. We have developed commercial-scale, powerful, silent, and emissions-free mobile battery stations that are designed to replace traditional diesel generators in most applications today. We’re pioneering mobile energy storage technology, leveraging vertical integration and a software-enabled service model to deliver last-mile electrification for our customers and communities. The Moxion team is a passionate group of humans who care about the environment and disrupting the diesel economy. Come build the first distributed utility with us, propelling the biggest energy transformation of our lifetime.
As a member of our mechanical engineering organization, you will play a key role in the design and commercialization of our energy systems. You will lead the Vehicle Engineering team to ensure product requirements are achieved, solve complex multi-disciplinary engineering problems, and ensure the successful integration of mechanical, power and thermal systems. You’ll be responsible for building a team of engineers to take full product lifecycle ownership of Vehcile systems within Moxion’s products, and you will drive make/buy decisions for this system
What you’ll do:
- Leading a team of talented engineers
- Drive the team to execute and deliver engineered vehicle products
- Create processes and drive communication between Mechanical Engineers and Design Engineers
- Drive program direction, milestones, and deliverables for the Vehicle Engineering teamLead accountability and ownership within the team
- Implement, coach, and lead design activities such as Design Reviews, DFM, DFA, Tech Spec definition, Validation Plan definition, DFMEA
- Guide technical decisions for complex engineering challenges
- Collaborate with program management and mechanical engineering leadership on setting/tracking milestones and deliverables
- Hire, lead, mentor a team of engineers
Skills to be successful:
- Bachelor’s degree in mechanical engineering, automotive engineering, aerospace engineering
- Demonstrated execution and launch of products at scale
- Strong understanding of vehicle systems and mechanical integration
- Previous experience working on electric vehicles, stationary energy storage systems, high voltage high power conversion systems
- Demonstrated, impactful, and direct engineering leadership
We currently use:
Moxion is committed to the principle of pay equity – paying employees equitably for substantially similar work. Compensation displayed is a range. Maximum amounts are reserved for those candidates that exceed all experience and background requirements. We reserve the right to offer compensation based on level of experience. Moxion has different base pay ranges for different work locations within the United States, which allows us to pay employees competitively and consistently in different geographic markets. The range above reflects the potential base pay within the San Francisco Bay area. If you live outside that region, the range is subject to change.
Base pay is one part of our total compensation package and is determined within the range provided above. This provides the opportunity to progress as you grow and develop within a role.
At Moxion you get
Health, dental, and vision coverage, PTO, competitive equity & compensation packages, free lunch, coffee, and snacks onsite, flexible work from home (for some roles), free tax advisory services, access to Mountain Hardware, Columbia, Sorel, & Prana employee stores and discounts, company swag, investment in professional development courses, and parental leave program.
People are at the core of Moxion’s values. We care about growth for our people and team, and this translates to an open and transparent culture. Moxion believes that diversity is as core to our business as the underlying products and technology we’re developing. Diversity in people leads to diversity of thought and different perspectives to draw from, often resulting in a new or unique way of approaching or solving a problem. Diversity drives innovation.
Moxion is looking for candidates who identify with different races, religions, national origins, age groups, genders, or gender identities, and we don’t discriminate against marital status, physical or mental disability, health or medical conditions, military and veteran status, genetic information, and other classifications that may or may not be protected by law. If you can bring a unique perspective or experience to our company, please apply.
Moxion is committed to the full inclusion of all applicants. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, please let our recruiting team know or email [email protected]