We Breathe Life Into Data
At Komodo Health, our mission is to reduce the global burden of disease. And we believe that smarter use of data is essential to this mission. That’s why we built the Healthcare Map — the industry’s largest, most complete, precise view of the U.S. healthcare system — by combining de-identified, real-world patient data with innovative algorithms and decades of clinical experience. The Healthcare Map serves as our foundation for a powerful suite of software applications, helping us answer healthcare’s most complex questions for our partners. Across the healthcare ecosystem, we’re helping our clients unlock critical insights to track detailed patient behaviors and treatment patterns, identify gaps in care, address unmet patient needs, and reduce the global burden of disease.
As we pursue these goals, it remains essential to us that we stay grounded in our values: be awesome, seek growth, deliver “wow,” and enjoy the ride. At Komodo, you will be joining a team of ambitious, supportive Dragons with diverse backgrounds but a shared passion to deliver on our mission to reduce the burden of disease — and enjoy the journey along the way.
The Opportunity at Komodo Health
The Head of Data Product Quality puts themselves in our customers’ shoes to ensure that Komodo’s suite of data products uphold the highest quality standards. They are the final decision maker on whether and when data products can be released to customers.
They work closely with Data Product Management, Engineering, and customer-expert stakeholders (Market Segment Strategy & Innovation, Commercial) to lead and execute on validating the integrity of Komodo’s data products, and building capabilities and processes to understand how our customers define quality, how we optimize and measure the quality of our products.
Looking back on your first 12 months at Komodo Health, you will have…
- Gathered customer perspectives on how they defined quality and synthesized into prioritized lists of “quality drivers”
- Created and refined business processes to integrate quality checks throughout the product creation process, from data ingestion through to delivery
- Built and coached a team devoted to executing on Quality processes
- Drove creation of real-time dashboards and metrics that measured our progress along our Quality journey
- Navigated differentiation by communicating our quality metrics and program to customers and potential customers (e.g. by comparing our output quality vs. what we receive from our suppliers)
- Prepared materials supporting use of our data for regulatory-grade use cases
What you bring to Komodo
- Healthcare Customer Understanding – Deep knowledge of what our customers (Life Sciences, Payers, Providers) do with data products, the insights they need, and how they use them
- Healthcare Data Knowledge – Deep knowledge on Claims and EHR data (e.g. CMS-1500/UB-04, EDI); Knowledge of the US healthcare landscape
- Hands-on Expertise and Implementation – Experience with Python scripting and automation, SQL data querying, Fluency with or similar to modern platform tools and technologies such as Snowflake, Databricks, Alteryx, cloud computing, AWS, Spark, SQL, Apache Airflow, etc.
- Clear communications – Effective oral and written communication skills with the purpose of bringing clarity to complexity and communicating to inform and influence across cross-functional teams and leadership
- Experience leading quality improvement efforts related specifically to data products, preferably in the life sciences or healthcare space
Compensation at Komodo Health
We are committed to providing competitive compensation for all roles at Komodo Health. We carefully consider multiple factors when determining compensation, including your skills, experience, and location while balancing internal equity relative to peers at the company. The targeted base salary range for the Head of Data Product Quality role is $244,700 to $407,800 plus a competitive bonus and equity package.
Where You’ll Work
Komodo Health has a hybrid work model; we recognize the power of choice and importance of flexibility for the well-being of both our company and our individual Dragons. Roles may be completely remote based anywhere in the country listed, remote but based in a specific region, or local (commuting distance) to one of our hubs in San Francisco, New York City, or Chicago with remote work options.
What We Offer
On top of our commitment to providing competitive, fair pay for all roles at Komodo Health, we’re proud to offer robust and inclusive benefits to all Dragons at Komodo Health. We offer global time off programs, extensive internal and external career development and learning opportunities, multiple affinity groups celebrating our team’s diversity, and an annual wellness and productivity stipend to support you in being your healthiest, best self.
Equal Opportunity Statement
Komodo Health provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type with regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.