Sr. Digital Electronics Engineer
Confirmed live in the last 24 hours
West Athens, CA, USA
- Bachelor's degree in electrical engineering
- 5+ years of professional experience with embedded digital electronics design
- 7+ years of professional experience with embedded digital electronics design
- Strong experience with digital and mixed signal circuit schematic capture and board design, including: microcontrollers, processors, memory interfaces, digital interface buses, point of load power distribution
- Strong experience with digital system simulation, analysis, and design of high-speed digital circuits
- Experience with system verification and validation including use of laboratory test equipment and proper probing techniques for circuit development and verification
- Exposed to board level rework to support development and testing
- Experience managing the logistics and details around printed circuit board fabrication and assembly
- Proficient utilizing software code/scripting to support design activities (Excel, MATLAB, Python)
- Experience testing for electromagnetic compatibility
- Experience with requirement management
- Experience running system level architectural trades
- Prefer experience in high reliability circuit design
- Excellent technical documentation skills
- Strong cross functional project management skills and the ability to collaborate with other engineering disciplines
- Excellent presentation, communication, and documentation skills
- Extended hours and weekend work may be required to support critical project and mission milestones
- Must be willing to travel (< 25%)
- To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here
- Rapidly design, develop, and test highly reliable electronics for the Starship vehicle program
- Responsible for the electrical architecture, product requirements and capabilities, component selection, design analysis, schematic capture, prototyping, flight design, bring-up, debugging, circuit validation, product management, release to manufacturing, and test
- Write and execute verification test plans, test procedures, and test reports for avionics
- Support and prepare architectural system trades
- Support analysis and data review for Starship vehicle operations
- Work with experts from other teams and departments to drive changes that make the system more efficient, more manufacturable, and more reliable. Challenge assumptions and build strong professional relationships
Designs, manufactures, & launches rockets and spacecrafts
SpaceX's mission is to make humanity multiplanetary. The company is working on a next generation of fully reusable launch vehicles that will be the most powerful ever built, capable of carrying humans to Mars and other destinations in the solar system.
- Benefits and Perks - Our employees’ well-being is important to us and essential to our capacity to do extraordinary things. We offer a wide variety of programs to support the health, wellness, and financial security of our employees and their families.
Company Core Values
- Make History - SpaceX has gained worldwide attention for a series of historic milestones. It is the only private company capable of returning a spacecraft from low-Earth orbit, and in 2012 our Dragon spacecraft became the first commercial spacecraft to deliver cargo to and from the International Space Station. And in 2020, SpaceX became the first private company to take humans there as well.
- Reusability - SpaceX believes a fully and rapidly reusable rocket is the pivotal breakthrough needed to substantially reduce the cost of space access. The majority of the launch cost comes from building the rocket, which historically has flown only once.
- Landing - SpaceX’s family of Falcon launch vehicles are the first and only orbital class rockets capable of reflight. Depending on the performance required for the mission, Falcon lands on one of our autonomous spaceport droneships out on the ocean or one of our landing zones near our launch pads.