Senior Software Engineer
Posted on 11/2/2022
Morgantown, WV, USA • Newport News, VA, USA
- Bachelor's Degree in Software Engineering, Computer Science, or related field and 4-8 years of software engineering experience
- Hands-on expertise with Java and object oriented programming
- Proficiency with web application technologies, such as Apache Tomcat, JBoss, etc
- Experience delivering an entire piece of a system or application
- Experience serving as a technical lead
- Deep understanding of software design patterns
- Working knowledge of Agile Development and continuous integration and continuous delivery methodologies and tools
- Experience with a version control system (e.g., Git)
- Experience with an issue/problem tracking system (e.g., Jira)
- Proficiency with multiple operating systems (Mac OSX, Windows, LINUX, etc.)
- Proficiency with at least one Relational Database Management System (Oracle, MySQL, PostgreSQL, SQL Server, etc.)
- Proficiency with MS Office Products (Word, Excel, Visio, & PowerPoint)
- Strong, self-motivated desire to learn new programming languages, tools, frameworks, and techniques
- Must be a US citizen with ability to obtain a DoD Secret Security Clearance
- Participate in the full software development lifecycle, working within broadly defined parameters
- Own the delivery of an entire piece of a system or application, and serve as a technical lead on medium to large, complex projects
- Break down large tasks into smaller tasks that can be executed by the rest of the development team
- Work closely with other engineers to develop the best technical design and approach for new product development
- Ensure team adheres to Agile processes and DecSecOps best practices
- Build software solutions where the solution is not always well defined but always considers the customer first
- Mentor other engineers in the art of building complex, web scale systems
- Resolve roadblocks for the development team, working collaboratively with the Product Owner, technical leadership, and other engineers
- Plan and estimate development tasks and work to improve performance metrics
- Knowledge of Agile Development tools such as Jira, Bitbucket, Confluence
- Knowledge of continuous integration and delivery tools such as Jenkins, SonarQube, JUnit, Cucumber, Selenium, JMeter
- Experience developing and delivering modern software, including microservices, containers, and serverless architectures
- Active DoD security clearance
Scientific & engineering systems integration service
Leidos’s mission is to make the world safer, healthier, and more efficient through technology, engineering, and science. The company is a leader in systems integration and technical solutions while working closely with all branches of the U.S. military, the U.S. Department of Defense, other U.S. government civil agencies, and also customers in select markets across the globe.
- Medical, dental, & vision insurance
- Health Savings account
- Income protection
- Paid parental leave
- Jury duty pay
- Bereavement leave
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Family Benefits
Company Core Values
- Integrity: Is having the courage to make tough ethical decisions, taking pride in our work, being transparent with our team, and being respectful of everyone.
- Inclusion: Is fostering a sense of belonging, welcoming all perspectives and contributions, and providing equal access to opportunities and resources for everyone.
- Innovation: Is not limited to our engineers and scientists. It is acting as a catalyst. Being tenacious and curious to help us excel and be a part of a learning organization.
- Agility: Is being flexible, creative, and resilient. It is our ability to think and act small while using the size and strength of our balance sheet to our advantage.
- Collaboration: Is being team-oriented and proactively engaging to meet shared objectives. It is about building relationships and staying connected with each other.
- Commitment: Is being accountable, taking ownership, modeling servant leadership, and operating with a sense of urgency to our customers and teams.