London, United Kingdom
6 month growth↑ 4%
1 year growth↑ 32%
2 year growth↑ 53%
- Passionate about cycling and pro racing
- Experience in social media content creation and analytics
- Understanding of key performance indicators in subscription marketing
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Familiarity with analytical tools for understanding subscriber audience
- Write and commission subscriber-led content
- Create regular reports on subscriber engagement
- Build and manage a subscriber and registered user newsletter
- Liaise with digital subscription marketing team and technical teams to improve subscriber user experience
- Experience in editing
- Interest and passion about Cycling
- Good time management
- Team player with collaborative skills
Cyclingnews, the world’s largest road cycling website, is looking for an engagement editor to join our industry-leading international editorial team.
Cyclingnews has enjoyed exceptional growth in our community of paid subscribers since the introduction of our digital subscription in 2022. Reporting to the editor, the engagement editor will support the growth of this community while improving the core offering to Cyclingnews subscribers.
Taking an entrepreneurial approach, the engagement editor will seek out new subscribers, while developing ways to enrich the experience of our existing digital subscribers.
What you’ll be doing…
The engagement editor will write and commission subscriber-led content, taking advantage of our premium content templates, and create regular reports on subscriber engagement to help inform this strategy - in collaboration with the Editor, Deputy Editor and Head of Features.
- They will build and manage a subscriber and registered user newsletter to establish a more direct relationship with our subscribers.
- The ideal candidate will be passionate about cycling, and specifically the world of pro racing, and be eager to enhance Cyclingnews’ already established authority in this space
- They will be confident in social media content creation and analytics geared toward subscriber engagement, and help to create a more defined tone of voice toward our subscriber audience.
- While focusing on editorial, the engagement editor will be familiar with key performance indicators in subscription marketing - seeking to improve our conversion and retention figures.
- They will be in regular contact with the digital subscription marketing team, while also liaising with Future’s technical teams to improve the subscriber user experience.
Experience that will put you ahead of the curve…
- Excellent communication skills to manage your own workload.
- Demonstrable success in editing.
- Organized with good time management.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- An interest and passion about Cycling
- Key understanding around social media and experience using social media
- Skills with analytical tools, to understand the subscriber audience
- A keen eye for detail
- A team player that can work well in teams and collaboratively
What’s in it for you…
We have a number of awesome perks available to our staff. We offer huge opportunities to learn and develop, whether through professional qualifications, exposure to incredible business projects or informal lunch & learns, hosted by your colleagues. We have a fantastic culture where we really do care about our people and want everyone to succeed. Varied roles mean you’re not pigeonholed in to one finite area but get the opportunity to develop a wide range of skills and experience
And to top it all off, not only do we offer unlimited holiday because we trust you to manage your workload and time but we also offer a share in our success whereby every colleague is eligible to join our profit pool bonus scheme - if Future hits their performance targets all colleagues may receive a bonus.
* Internal job family level P5.
The expected range for this role is £29,000 - £35,000.
Who are we…
We’re Future. We’re 3000+ colleagues over 250+ brands speaking to 400 million people every month across the globe through websites, events and magazines. We’ve got ambitious plans that build on our growth momentum and unlock new opportunities and we’re looking for talented people who want to be a part of it.
Our Future, Our Responsibility - Inclusion and Diversity at Future
We have a voice and we’re going to use it. We promote diversity and inclusion not just in our recruitment processes, but everything we do. We’re an equal opportunity employer and we will continue to ensure our recruitment process is free of bias and our workplaces are inclusive, positive, free of discrimination and respecting of all backgrounds and beliefs. Our culture is underpinned by our values and employees - current and future - are treated with respect and fairness.
Please let us know if you need any reasonable adjustments made so we can give you the best experience!
Find out more about Our Future, Our Responsibility on our website.