Data Engineer II
Confirmed live in the last 24 hours
Woodridge, IL, USA
- A Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, or a related degree
- 3+ years of experience in a database administration role (SQL or MySQL)
- Proficient at developing T-SQL procedures
- Experience with performance tuning and optimization
- Experience with data transfer with SFTP, file compression and encryption
- Knowledge of high availability and disaster recovery for SQL Server
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience working with engineers in a highly technical environment
- Knowledge of data archiving techniques, preferred
- Experience with data visualization tools (e.g., Tableau), preferred
- Experience with NoSQL technology, such as MongoDB and Hadoop, preferred
- Experience with other programming/scripting languages, such as Java, Python, preferred
- Familiarity with machine learning methods and techniques, preferred
- Develop, construct, test, and maintain data architectures to align with business requirements provided by clients including creating data tables and partitions
- Write code in Python to perform data transformations and maintain automate systems
- Create and deploy sophisticated analytics programs utilizing machine learning and other statistical methods for data analysis to resolve internal and customer requests
- Develop data set processes for automation and report generation
- Refine and automate other processes, track issues, troubleshoot, and document changes
- Identify methods to improve data reliability, efficiency, and quality
- Prepare and clean data for predictive and prescriptive modeling
- Configure, monitor, and maintain database servers and processes
- Assist software engineers with query tuning and schema refinement
- Provide occasional on-call support for critical production systems
- Present project status updates and insights to stakeholders based on analytics in weekly team meetings
Carrier-grade multi-channel communication solutions provider
At Vail they develop innovative technology to enhance the way people communicate. Their mission is to create business value for their clients and growth opportunities for their employees by developing solutions that inspire people to interact freely and authentically.
- Health - When you work hard, it’s important to stay healthy. Our competitive benefits package includes medical, dental, and vision insurance options to keep you healthy and happy.
- Financial/Savings - We pride ourselves with rewarding great work with great compensation. Plan ahead with our 401(k) Retirement Plan with company match. Take advantage of our pre-tax transit program to save money from parking to train tickets.
- Work/Life Balance - With flexible work hours, open workspaces, casual office attire, and employee outings, it’s easy to work hard, play hard, and enjoy a balanced lifestyle.
- Vacation - We believe that time away from the office is important, and key to employees’ satisfaction and productivity at work. With a generous accrual of vacation in addition to holidays, our team members can take off the time they need to come back revitalized.
- Wellness - We encourage an active lifestyle by providing memberships to gyms near each of our office locations. We also host periodic wellness events and keep our office kitchens stocked with yummy, healthy snacks!
- Have Some Fun! - We encourage employees to engage with each other outside of their teams. We sponsor runners in the JP Morgan Chase Corporate Challenge, the annual Vail Ringers softball team, and have a group training for the Chicago Triathalon, as well as host book clubs, hackathons and game nights.
Company Core Values
- We cultivate long-term client relationships
- We solve business problems with innovative, solution-appropriate technologies
- We appreciate individuality, encourage collaboration and foster employee growth