Senior Software Engineer I
Front End, Content Management, Remote Eligible
Posted on 3/16/2023
Bellevue, WA, USA
- 5+ years software development experience
- Experience with React.Js, Redux/Redux saga or other state management libraries, Typescript, Sass
- Experience with unit, e2e, and integration testing
- Experience with modern web technologies, front-end frameworks and integrating with back-end services
- Experience building Single Page Applications at scale
- Comfort in an environment with frequent production releases
- Experience writing complex asynchronous code that communicates with multiple services
- Knowledge of continuous deployment and development best practices
- Ability to communicate cross-functionally and within product, design, and development
- Legally eligible to work in the U.S. on an ongoing basis
- Write clean and efficient code based on product specifications and participate in the entire development life cycle, from concept to release
- Create and promote modern web UI development
- Be a technical leader on our team, implementing features in React and integrating with back-end Python/Go services
- Develop and maintain CI/CD pipeline implementations for tests, linting, deployment, etc
- Take part in code reviews and architectural discussions as you work with other software engineers, UX designers and product managers
- Mentor junior engineers on code quality and other industry best practices
- Develop services that can consume, process and act on millions of user actions within Smartsheet and scale to 100x as our as our customers continues to grow
- Enhance existing application code with new features and strike a balance when making technical decisions (build vs refactor vs simplify)
Cloud-based collaboration platform
Smartsheet's mission is to empower anyone to drive meaningful change - for themselves, their businesses and even for the world.
- Health and wellness benefits - From sick days to mental health services, we support you. We provide company-sponsored comprehensive healthcare coverage and well-being benefit programs so you can take care of your whole self.
- Time away - We want you to find time for what matters to you. We offer a variety of programs so you can recharge and reconnect, including paid time off for company holidays, vacation, volunteering, military leave, and parental bonding.
- An investment in your future - We help you plan for the dreams you’re working toward. We offer every employee competitive pay, retirement contributions, stock awards, and an employee stock purchase program.
- Perks and discounts - It's the details that make life easier. From discount programs and an allowance for work-related expenses, to medical concierge (U.S. only) and caregiver services, we help set you up for success both at work and outside of it.
- An inclusive environment - We strive to foster a culture of belonging that is rooted in respect for all people. We believe that by celebrating diversity of voices and experiences, and by creating equitable opportunities for our team, customers, and communities, we enable people to do and be their best.
- Continuous learning - We know that when you’re growing, so are we. That's why we provide opportunities to develop on the job through internal mobility, virtual learning, and a variety of development programs.
Company Core Values
- Value-driven culture - We don’t just talk the talk. Our award-winning culture stems from having a core set of values that are lived daily from the top down.
- Meaningful impact - Smartsheet helps employees achieve more by providing a supportive, respectful culture that pushes its people to excel and innovate.
- Investing in employees - From wide-ranging benefits to on-site development programs, Smartsheet is truly invested in its employees' well-being — both in and outside of the workplace.