Staff Embedded Engineer
Posted on 3/20/2023
Palo Alto, CA, USA
- Bachelor's degree (Master's degree preferred) Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or similar field
- 6+ experience on embedded platforms using C programming
- Familiarity with applied cryptography as used in secure boot, secure communication (mTLS), OTA firmware updating, and diagnostics
- Expert-level knowledge of any of the following: firmware security and hardening, embedded Linux security and hardening, Linux Kernel/Driver/DTB/BSP, Firewall, SELinux, Trustzone/TEE, HSM/TPM
- In-depth experience working with NXP, Infineon, Qualcomm, ST, TI, and Renesas (among others) SoCs (system on chip) and MCUs (microcontrollers)
- Ability to quickly digest and understand ECU security policies and their correct implementation
- Support in-house as well as ECU (Electronic Control Unit) supplier's developers in implementing our security policies
- Help drive specification and implementation of vehicle-wide OTA (Over the Air) update process
- Assist with implementation of in-vehicle key server and PKI initiatives
- Mitigate vulnerabilities found or reported by internal and external parties by aligning with company's goals and objectives
- Implement cybersecurity protection to comply with regulations and industry standards
Electric vehicles manufacturer
Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. The company believes there is a more responsible way to explore the world and is determined to make the transition to sustainable transportation an exciting one. Rivian designed their emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles to challenge what's possible.
- Ownership for All: We offer every employee the opportunity to own Rivian stock through equity programs, supporting their financial wellness.
- Mental and Emotional Wellness: We provide employees and their families access to mental wellness platforms and our Employees Assistance Program
- Fertility and Family Planning: We support diverse family-building journeys, providing employees with benefits such as paid parental leave and financial support for adoption, fertility treatments or surrogacy.
- Competitive Compensation: We offer competitive compensation packages driven by mutual investment in our long-term growth and success.
- Career Development: We enable all employees to own their development. Continuous learning opportunities and tuition reimbursement help drive performance, boost engagement and develop future leaders.
- Transgender Benefits: In alignment with WPATH guidelines, our 2022 plans provide coverage toward medical, pharmacy and cosmetic needs.
Company Core Values
- A diverse workforce
- Embracing active allyship
- Purpose-driven partnerships
- Supporting our team