The Staff Application Security Engineer will be responsible for ensuring the security of our organization’s application portfolio. This includes identifying and mitigating security risks, implementing security controls, and providing guidance to development teams.
What you’ll do:
- Collaborate with development teams to integrate security into the software development life cycle (SDLC)
- Conduct security assessments of applications, including code reviews and penetration testing
- Identify and mitigate security vulnerabilities in applications
- Provide guidance to development teams on secure coding practices
- Stay up-to-date with the latest security threats and trends
- Develop and maintain security policies and procedures
- Lead the bug bounty program
What you’ll bring:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field
- 8+ years of experience in application security, software development, or related field
- Strong knowledge of secure coding practices, web application security, and threat modeling
- Experience with common web application vulnerabilities and remediation techniques
- Experience with security testing tools such as Burp Suite and OWASP ZAP
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Health & Wellness: 100% coverage for medical, dental, and vision plans - for employee and dependents + on demand health care concierge
- HSA, FSA, & DCFSA: Pre-tax savings plans for healthcare and dependent care
- 100% paid short and long term disability plus life + AD&D benefits
- Learning & Development: $500 annually towards professional development opportunities + $250 annually towards personal development opportunities
- Flexible Time Off: Flexible vacation policy for strong, fully charged batteries
- 16 Weeks Paid Parental Leave: An inclusive policy to ensure you have time with your newborn, newly adopted, or foster child
- Work Remotely: Flexible hours and work from home + $1,000 annually to cover necessary business related items for your home office
- Charitable Giving Program: Up to $500 match for qualified charities
- 401K: Reach your financial goals while reducing your taxes
This role will receive a competitive base salary, benefits, and equity. The applicable salary range for each US-based role is based on where the employee works and is aligned to one of 3 tiers based on the cost of labor for that geographic area. The expected salary ranges for this role are set forth below.
Tier 1: $229,500 - $283,500
Tier 2: $206,550 - $255,150
Tier 3: $183,600 - $226,800
You can view which tier applies to where you plan to work here. A variety of factors are considered when determining someone’s leveling and compensation–including a candidate’s professional background and experience. These ranges may be modified in the future and final offer amounts may vary from the amounts listed above.
Please continue to apply if you are unsure that you fit into our compensation structure.
Drata is on a mission to help build trust across the internet.
Drata is a security and compliance automation platform that continuously monitors and collects evidence of a company’s security controls, while streamlining compliance workflows end-to-end to ensure audit readiness.
We all recognize the importance of earning and keeping the trust of our customers when it comes to protecting their data. We’ve felt firsthand how burdensome achieving and maintaining a strong security and compliance posture can be at a fast-growing company. It’s a manual, redundant, error-prone, and unscalable process - and it only grows more complex and expensive over time.
Our team of SaaS, security, compliance, and audit experts have built a better way - with automation.
Employment at Drata is based solely upon individual merit and qualifications directly related to professional competence. We strictly prohibit unlawful discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, religion, veteran status, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy status, sex, gender identity or expression, age, marital status, mental or physical disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, or any other characteristics protected by law. We also make reasonable accommodations to meet our obligations under laws protecting the rights of the disabled.