Director of Strategic Clinical Research
Updated on 11/9/2023
Efficient, accessible EEG system for emergency care
Ceribell, a rapidly expanding medical device start-up, is a pioneer in the field of neurological care, particularly for emergency and ICU patients. The company's primary product, a highly efficient and cost-effective EEG system, can be set up within minutes by any healthcare provider, making it a game-changer in the diagnosis and treatment of patients at risk for seizures. With the addition of Clarity, Ceribell now provides 24/7 continuous bedside EEG monitoring and alert, further solidifying its industry leadership.
Growth & Insights
6 month growth↑ 8%
1 year growth↑ 22%
2 year growth↑ 95%
Sunnyvale, CA, USA
Business & Strategy
Biology & Biotech
- Continuous Learning
- Education: An MD, PhD, or MD/PhD is a must.
- 5-7 years of experience in clinical or medical affairs within the medical device industry.
- Proficiency in guiding scientific and clinical research projects to meet company objectives.
- Track record of designing hypothesis-generating studies, including retrospective or observational clinical research.
- Substantial expertise in conducting in-depth analysis of scientific data, especially clinical and real-world datasets.
- Extensive history of clinical research publication, including a well-established publication record.
- Proficiency in conducting literature searches and critically evaluating and communicating findings.
- Ability to build and maintain mutually respectful relationships with physicians and scientists.
- Project and resource management skills that can effectively drive results.
- Lead by example and instill a culture of excellence as you develop and execute a strategic clinical research plan in collaboration with the VP of Clinical Affairs and Chief Medical Advisors.
- Foster creativity and rigor in your team of researchers, ensuring they collect and analyze clinical and real-world datasets with innovation, aligned with company needs.
- Demonstrate exceptional communication skills as you assist with the preparation of manuscripts and abstracts, ensuring the clarity and efficacy of our knowledge-sharing efforts.
- Utilize your expert medical and scientific knowledge to assess and interpret publications and data with the highest degree of accuracy, serving as a trusted source of insight.
- Foster cross-functional collaboration, working seamlessly with internal teams to translate scientific knowledge into tangible support for Ceribell's medical and commercial activities.
- Stay ahead of the curve by staying up-to-date with the latest medical and scientific literature, applying your insights to advance Ceribell's research areas.
- Comprehensive knowledge of the healthcare and medical device industry.
- Experience in EEG, Software as a Medical Device (SaMD), and/or neurology.
- Collaboration with external stakeholders on clinical research projects.
- Expertise in leading medical communications strategies.
- Experience in building or managing an investigator-initiated studies program.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial, and dynamic environment.