Posted on 3/16/2023
British Columbia, Canada • Vancouver, BC, Canada
- 12+ years of experience in a software engineering capacity
- 3+ years of engineering leadership experience - including leading teams and developing individuals in their career
- You're comfortable having difficult conversations and always have your clients' and teammates' best interests in mind
- Experience presenting complex ideas to clients and team members in a compelling and energetic way
- You're an empathetic leader that can help find solutions if problems arise with a client
- Have a deep understanding of software engineering and established best practices
- Experience conducting 1:1s with individuals and have leadership experience
- A desire to contribute sound recommendations and influence product decisions
- Experience working with clients and project teams to produce something awesome
- You're excited to work with a diverse team made up of various backgrounds and skill sets
- Experience leading the delivery of large and complex software projects from beginning to end in a team-based environment
- Self-aware of your limitations, yet curious to learn and grow
- A strong communicator and can navigate ambiguity
- Continuously identify obstacles and improve the process of how we build software
- You'll help your team understand changing priorities and carry out new goals
- Communicate and collaborate with a multi-disciplinary team including client and stakeholders with differing goals and backgrounds
- Embody a growth mindset and apply it in your leadership style
- Mentor others to help grow their technical and interpersonal skills
- Research new tools and technologies to help innovate your projects and teams
- Proficient with one or more of our core technologies (iOS, Android, Web Apps, API Engineering, Software Testing)
- You've worked in a client services environment (e.g. digital agency)
- Experience conducting interviews and hiring for your team
- Coaching or mentorship experience
- You've worked in an agile environment
- You have a GitHub account to share and while you're there, check us out!
Mobile innovation agency
WillowTree wants to create beautiful digital products engineered to drive growth for the world's leading brands.
Company Core Values
- Craft - We aim for excellence, and our love for what we do compels us to reach a higher standard. You can be proud of the work you do here.
- Ownership - We have a strong sense of individual responsibility. Every initiative has an owner, from major product strategy to curating which kombucha is on tap.
- Open communication - We respect one another enough to give and receive honest feedback. We champion the best ideas, no matter where they originate.
- Inclusion - We treat each other with consideration and respect, and we celebrate our differences with tolerance and inclusion. You know, the way we want to be treated.
- Sustainable flow - The state of mind when time flies and energy is focused. We make time for it every day so we can create innovative solutions that people love.
- Realistic optimism - We acknowledge and understand the reality of the challenges we face, and we always find a way forward.
- Partnership - Working side by side, we build meaningful connections with each other and our clients.