AbCellera is a young, energetic, and rapidly growing tech company with an amazing team that searches, decodes, and analyzes natural immune systems to find antibodies that its partners can develop into drugs to prevent and treat disease.
We’re seeking a Scientific Writer to join our agile Communications team in crafting narratives about what we do, how we do it, and why it is important. You will work side-by-side with our internal scientific, engineering, and business teams to cut through the jargon and create content that is clear, compelling, and insightful. You will use your love of language and learning to weave meaningful stories that take the shape of presentations, web copy, infographics, and much, much more.
How you might spend your days:
- Collaborating closely with internal teams to create and deliver content plans
- Transforming ideas into understanding by writing and editing presentations, fact sheets, program reports, case studies, and other technical collateral
- Adapting scientific and technical material into web content, social media posts, blogs, and other digital content
- Collecting and analyzing scientific data
- Developing content management processes that foster efficiency and continuous innovation
- Writing and editing fact sheets and scientific manuscripts
We’d love to hear from you if:
- You have 2+ years’ related work experience as a science communicator
- You have experience authoring scientific manuscripts
- You have a college or university degree in life sciences. A MSc or PhD is strongly preferred
- Expertise in immunology, biochemistry, or protein engineering considered a bonus
- You are meticulous, organized, and have experience managing complex projects across cross-functional teams
- You have experience and are comfortable with discussing advanced scientific concepts with subject matter experts
- You are self-motivated and curious to learn about new scientific concepts
- You thrive in a fast-paced team environment
- You have experience working with the Microsoft and Google office suites, data analytics tools, and the Adobe Creative Suite
Offers & benefits:
- The opportunity to work with an inspired team on challenging problems that matter
- An attractive compensation package, including health and lifestyle benefits
- A minimum of 3 weeks’ vacation
- Opportunities for personal and professional development
At AbCellera, we’re solving tough problems and creating innovative solutions from the ground up - custom immunizations, microfluidics, high-throughput imaging, genomics, computation, machine learning and laboratory automation - revolutionizing how our scientists can mine natural immune systems to discover new antibody therapies, and the scale at which they can do it. This is life-changing research and you could be a part of it.
You’ll join a diverse and multi-disciplinary team of accountants, administrators, biologists, biochemists, engineers, computer scientists, and physicists - all working together to bring better therapies to patients. We’re a growing company with a high-throughput tech stack and the drive to be the best in the industry. This isn’t just about having the best technology, it’s also about having efficient and seamless operations based on teamwork and cutting-edge tools. We know we need a world-class team of visionaries and innovators across the entire organization. We look for people with drive and energy. Idealists. People we love and people we trust. This may be unconventional, but it is the key to our success. We’re looking for someone like you to support, nurture, and organize our efforts along the way.
Please send us your application through our website and refer to Job ID 23006 in your cover letter. Please include both a resume and scientific writing samples in online or PDF format.