Machine Maintenance Technician
Confirmed live in the last 24 hours
West Athens, CA, USA
- High school diploma or equivalency certificate
- 3+ years of maintenance technician experience in a manufacturing and production environment
- 3+ years of experience with repairing mechanical, electrical, pneumatic, and/or hydraulic systems
- Maintenance experience with ASM-SMT, Flexlink, Heller, Pemtron, Koh Young, Thermotron, Envirotronic, ESpec, Mycronic, Nordson, and Beckhoff equipment
- 5+ years of experience as a maintenance technician or field service engineer
- Methodical approach to troubleshooting with high level of attention to detail
- Excellent manual dexterity in order to repair and perform preventative maintenance on SMT related equipment in a cleanroom environment
- IPC-J-STD-001 certification and/or IPC-A-610 certification
- Ability to adjust equipment, feeder, and change over setups for each process
- Ability to use power tools and hand tools as well as heavy equipment
- Ability to read and interpret electrical, hydraulic and pneumatic schematics and drawings
- Ability to write detailed repair reports when necessary (skilled with use of Microsoft Office Suite)
- Ability to maintain a safe and clean working environment while adhering to company policies, quality policies, and industry standards
- Detail oriented, organized, and able to demonstrate a high sense of urgency
- Familiar with Lean or Six Sigma tools like Five Whys methodology
- Must be willing to work all shifts, overtime, and/or weekends as needed
- Estimated start times: 1st shift (5am), 2nd shift (3:30pm)
- Position requires physical effort including standing, lifting, and carrying equipment up to 25 lbs. unassisted
- To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here
- Perform planned maintenance and unplanned repairs of production line assets that includes SMT line equipment, epoxy dispensing printers, conveyor systems, thermal chambers, test reliability chambers, and vacuum systems
- Read and utilize schematics (mechanical/electrical/pneumatic/hydraulic) to troubleshoot systems down to the component level
- Utilize diagnostic equipment to monitor equipment performance, diagnose root cause, and make reliability improvement recommendations
- Use schematics, hand tools, electrical gauges and common test equipment for calibration, diagnosis and repair or maintenance of equipment
- Communicate with suppliers, specify requirements, get quotations, and submit purchase requisitions to purchase necessary items
- Perform other related duties, as assigned, for the purpose of ensuring an efficient and effective work environment
Designs, manufactures, & launches rockets and spacecrafts
SpaceX's mission is to make humanity multiplanetary. The company is working on a next generation of fully reusable launch vehicles that will be the most powerful ever built, capable of carrying humans to Mars and other destinations in the solar system.
- Benefits and Perks - Our employees’ well-being is important to us and essential to our capacity to do extraordinary things. We offer a wide variety of programs to support the health, wellness, and financial security of our employees and their families.
Company Core Values
- Make History - SpaceX has gained worldwide attention for a series of historic milestones. It is the only private company capable of returning a spacecraft from low-Earth orbit, and in 2012 our Dragon spacecraft became the first commercial spacecraft to deliver cargo to and from the International Space Station. And in 2020, SpaceX became the first private company to take humans there as well.
- Reusability - SpaceX believes a fully and rapidly reusable rocket is the pivotal breakthrough needed to substantially reduce the cost of space access. The majority of the launch cost comes from building the rocket, which historically has flown only once.
- Landing - SpaceX’s family of Falcon launch vehicles are the first and only orbital class rockets capable of reflight. Depending on the performance required for the mission, Falcon lands on one of our autonomous spaceport droneships out on the ocean or one of our landing zones near our launch pads.