Remix Therapeutics is focused on discovering new treatments for patients through selective modulation of RNA processing for undruggable disease drivers. We seek creative, motivated scientists with strong publication records and experimental skills to support the development and progression of new small molecules targeting RNA processing in oncology.
The company is well financed having recently closed a Series B financing funded by top tier investors (including Atlas Venture, The Column Group, Foresite Capital, Surveyor, Arch Venture, Casdin Capital and Alexandria) and recently announced a strategic discovery partnership with Janssen Pharmaceutica NV. Remix is currently located in our new building at 100 Forge in Watertown, Massachusetts.
We are currently seeking a highly motivated and experienced scientist to join our team as Vice President, Drug Metabolism and Pharmacokinetics (DMPK). The individual will be accountable for setting and executing the strategy for DMPK program support across projects. Internally, she or he will interface directly with multiple functional areas such as medicinal chemistry, drug discovery biology, program management and operations. This work supports the progression of therapies from late discovery through first in human and proof of concept clinical studies. The successful candidate will have wide-ranging responsibilities within research and development focused project teams and the opportunity to work within a highly collaborative, dynamic, and interdisciplinary team.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Function as a key member of Remix’s scientific leadership team, providing scientific expertise, strategic planning and goal-oriented execution
- Lead DMPK function in support of drug discovery and development projects
- Prioritize DMPK activities, identify and manage external CRO and consulting resources, balancing multiple priorities under time and resource constraints
- Work closely with medicinal chemistry and biology groups to generate, analyze and integrate PK and ADME data into lead optimization efforts
- Define appropriate DMPK parameters for lead optimization and candidate selection leading to the estimation of safe and efficacious first in human clinical dose and regimen for novel therapeutics, as well as predicted clinical PK and PK/PD profiles.
- Deliver non-clinical DMPK packages and study reports within regulatory guidelines and author IND sections of regulatory filings
- Provide bioanalytical and assay expertise to enable pre-clinical pharmacologic assessments of novel small molecules
- Participate in budgeting and due diligence activities
- 10+ years prior Biotech/Pharmaceutical experience preferred with a track record of successfully leading DMPK efforts for small molecule drug discovery programs through to IND
- Highly analytical, decisive, goal-oriented, and timeline sensitive while maintaining the highest of scientific and ethical standards.
- Strong understanding of guidance from regulatory agencies on DMPK assays and qualification
- Excellent interpersonal, organization, verbal and written communication skills
- Problem-solving skills and attention to detail
- Ability to organize and prioritize tasks in a timely and accurate manner
- Ability to meet tight deadlines and to work collaboratively in a dynamic environment
- PhD within the DMPK discipline complemented by extensive experience within a small molecule drug discovery setting
Remix values diversity and is committed to equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to a person’s race, color, gender, age, religion, national origin, ancestry, disability, marital or veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status. Remix will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable law.
Note to Third Party Staffing Agencies: Please do not forward any agency resumes. Remix Therapeutics is not responsible for any fees related to resumes that are unsolicited.