DSP Communication Systems Engineer
Posted on 3/15/2023
Mountain View, CA, USA
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, computer engineering or electrical engineering
- 1+ years of experience in system-level modeling and/or digital signal processing
- Master's degree in electrical engineering with emphasis in communication systems and/or digital signal processing
- 2+ years of professional experience in system-level modeling
- 2+ years of professional experience in working on aspects of multiple access schemes such as TDMA, CDMA and OFDMA
- 2+ years of professional experience in design and verification of high data rate wireless modems
- Expertise in MATLAB, C/C++, and/or Python
- Expertise in wireless communication standards, such as LTE, WiFi, Bluetooth, etc
- Expertise in designing and implementing system-level procedures and algorithms
- Expertise in building and using system-level simulators and performance analysis
- Expertise in various multiple access schemes including downlink and uplink scheduler designs and tradeoffs
- Understanding of system link budgets and analysis related to communication systems
- Understanding of modem designs, link-level algorithms and hardware architectures
- Understanding of ASIC and FPGA development concepts, methodologies, and procedures
- Experience working in the lab and using lab equipment
- Experience in Git version control system
- Experience in Atlassian collaboration and automation tools: JIRA, Confluence, Bitbucket, Bamboo, etc
- Strong interpersonal/written/verbal communication skills and experience with cross-functional collaboration
- Strong teamwork skills combined with ability to work autonomously as an individual contributor
- High level of self-motivation and desire to be challenged and learn new skills
- Strong problem solving skills with high attention to detail
- Ability to work in a dynamic, fast-paced environment with changing needs and requirements
- Ability to meet tough goals under high pressure and manage time effectively
- To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here
- System-level and link-level design in support of a robust satellite broadband communication system
- Work in close collaboration with ASIC/FPGA, RF/antenna, and software engineers to design and validate silicon-based systems
- Develop floating-point and fixed-point models and run simulations to analyze and validate overall system performance, including modem performance
- Support IC designers with bit-accurate and cycle-accurate vector generation for silicon verification
- Generate spacecraft and consumer equipment system specifications, requirements, and test procedures
- Support silicon bring up and validation by developing and implementing system test plans
Designs, manufactures, & launches rockets and spacecrafts
SpaceX's mission is to make humanity multiplanetary. The company is working on a next generation of fully reusable launch vehicles that will be the most powerful ever built, capable of carrying humans to Mars and other destinations in the solar system.
- Benefits and Perks - Our employees’ well-being is important to us and essential to our capacity to do extraordinary things. We offer a wide variety of programs to support the health, wellness, and financial security of our employees and their families.
Company Core Values
- Make History - SpaceX has gained worldwide attention for a series of historic milestones. It is the only private company capable of returning a spacecraft from low-Earth orbit, and in 2012 our Dragon spacecraft became the first commercial spacecraft to deliver cargo to and from the International Space Station. And in 2020, SpaceX became the first private company to take humans there as well.
- Reusability - SpaceX believes a fully and rapidly reusable rocket is the pivotal breakthrough needed to substantially reduce the cost of space access. The majority of the launch cost comes from building the rocket, which historically has flown only once.
- Landing - SpaceX’s family of Falcon launch vehicles are the first and only orbital class rockets capable of reflight. Depending on the performance required for the mission, Falcon lands on one of our autonomous spaceport droneships out on the ocean or one of our landing zones near our launch pads.