Language Manager, Danish (Contractor)
Posted on 6/3/2022
- Native fluency in Danish, plus advanced fluency in English
- 3+ years of experience in software localization, translation or linguistics
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, attention to detail and ability to manage multiple projects and tasks
- Ability to describe linguistic challenges, cultural questions, and concepts to stakeholders
- Experience to successfully convey our message on a local level, especially as it pertains to language nuances
- Exceptional independent problem-solving skills, attention to detail, flexibility, and ability to collaborate with others and to work in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to excel in a dynamic and fast-paced operational environment and drive change, and collaborate with others
- Review Reddit UI and Community content translated by our vendor's linguists to ensure that Reddit feels local
- Develop and maintain style guides, glossaries and conduct regular quality checks
- Provide quality assurance for all localized content and apps to ensure consistent messaging and proper functionality
- Proactively provide inputs on UI, UX, and design for products launching in international markets in order to deliver the best possible user experience
- Work cross functionally with key stakeholders and in-country teams to align on project requirements for new product launches, providing regular feedback to deliver excellent user experience globally
- Troubleshoot and identify bugs or user related issues
- Be passionate about growing our international community user base, with an eagerness to learn about our localization and internationalization strategies
Social news website & forum
Reddit's mission is to bring community and belonging to everyone in the world. The company operates a social news website and forum where content is socially curated by members.
- Comprehensive health benefits
- Flexible unlimited vacation days & monthly global wellness days
- Family planning funds & 4+ months paid parental leave
- Personal & professional development funds
- Paid volunteer time off
- Workspace & home office benefits
- Evolve: Only by continually improving and learning will we succeed.
- Add Value: We constantly evaluate our work to ensure it’s adding value and bringing us closer to achieving our mission. It’s easy to fall into the trap of conflating activity with value. Adding value requires hard work, but not all hard work is valuable.
- Default: Open The free flow of ideas and feedback is the lifeblood of a healthy organization, and Reddit must embrace it if we are to thrive.