Join Axon and be a Force for Good.
At Axon, we’re on a mission to Protect Life. We’re explorers, pursuing society’s most critical safety and justice issues with our ecosystem of devices and cloud software. Like our products, we work better together. We connect with candor and care, seeking out diverse perspectives from our customers, communities and each other.
Life at Axon is fast-paced, challenging and meaningful. Here, you’ll take ownership and drive real change. Constantly grow as you work hard for a mission that matters at a company where you matter.
Headquartered in Scottsdale, Arizona, assist dynamic in-house litigation team by investigating facts, preparing and filing legal documents, and managing discovery in support of products liability, intellectual property, and other commercial litigation needs. This position reports to Vice President of Litigation.
What You’ll Do
Location: Scottsdale, Hybrid schedule out of Headquarters location
Reports to: VP, Legal, Litigation
- Prepare initial drafts of legal documents, including motions, pleadings, appellate briefs, discovery and subpoena responses, disclosures, affidavits, and legal correspondence, and finalize in conformance with all applicable court rules
- ESI search, review and production management in large complex document cases
- Assist team in reviewing documents for privilege and draft privilege logs for production
- Prepare for trial/depositions by performing/organizing exhibits and handling logistics
- Investigate facts and search pertinent public records and online sources
- Provide case management assistance and litigation tracking/docketing
- Maintain case filing systems and databases
- Review and summarize document productions and depositions, create timelines, and perform other special projects as needed
- Create, review and maintain document and exhibit indexes, charts, and summaries
- Schedule meetings and court reporters
- Manage legal billing and additional administrative tasks as assigned
- Supervise, support, and train, as needed, other company paralegals and assistants
- Conduct legal research under attorney supervision
What You Bring
- Required minimum: Paralegal certificate (Bachelor’s degree a plus)
- 8+ years’ experience in a law firm, governmental agency or corporate environment
- Notary desirable
- Strong work ethic and ability to work both independently and as part of team
- Responsible, organized, and detail-oriented
- Good proofreading, grammar and editing skills
- Strong ability to use judgment and discretion in solving problems and making decisions within company policy and guidelines
- Able to work in fast-paced environment, prioritize, follow through, and follow up
- Able to work under tight deadlines, handle multiple, detailed tasks simultaneously, and delegate to available resources
- Able to integrate effectively and respectfully with small team
Benefits that Benefit You
- Competitive salary and 401k with employer match
- Discretionary paid time off
- Paid parental leave for all
- Medical, Dental, Vision plans
- Fitness Programs
- Emotional & Mental Wellness support
- Learning & Development programs
- And yes, we have snacks in our offices
Benefits listed herein may vary depending on the nature of your employment and the location where you work.
The Pay: Axon is a total compensation company, meaning compensation is made up of base pay, bonus, and stock awards. The starting base pay for this role is between USD 70,000 in the lowest geographic market and USD 120,000 in the highest geographic market. The on target earnings range for this role is between USD 80,000 in the lowest geographic market and USD 140,000 in the highest geographic market. The actual base pay is dependent upon many factors, such as: level, function, training, transferable skills, work experience, business needs, geographic market, and often a combination of all these factors. Our benefits offer an array of options to help support you physically, financially and emotionally through the big milestones and in your everyday life. To see more details on our benefits offerings please visit www.axon.com/careers/benefits (http://www.axon.com/careers/benefits).
Don’t meet every single requirement? That’s ok. At Axon, we Aim Far. We think big with a long-term view because we want to reinvent the world to be a safer, better place. We are also committed to building diverse teams that reflect the communities we serve.
Studies have shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply to jobs unless they check every box in the job description. If you’re excited about this role and our mission to Protect Life but your experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification listed here, we encourage you to apply anyways. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.
The above job description is not intended as, nor should it be construed as, exhaustive of all duties, responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions associated with this job. The job description may change or be supplemented at any time in accordance with business needs and conditions.
Some roles may also require legal eligibility to work in a firearms environment.
Axon’s mission is to Protect Life and is committed to the well-being and safety of its employees as well as Axon’s impact on the environment. All Axon employees must be aware of and committed to the appropriate environmental, health, and safety regulations, policies, and procedures. Axon employees are empowered to report safety concerns as they arise and activities potentially impacting the environment.
We are an equal opportunity employer that promotes justice, advances equity, values diversity and fosters inclusion. We’re committed to hiring the best talent — regardless of race, creed, color, ancestry, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, genetic information, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances — and empowering all of our employees so they can do their best work. If you have a disability or special need that requires assistance or accommodation during the application or the recruiting process, please email [email protected]. Please note that this email address is for accommodation purposes only. Axon will not respond to inquiries for other purposes.