Virtual ROLE - Must be certified in Massachusetts
Cityblock Health is the first tech-driven provider for communities with complex needs—bringing better care to where it’s needed most, block by block. Founded in 2017 on the premise that “health is local” and based in Brooklyn, we are backed by Alphabet’s Sidewalk Labs along with some of the top healthcare investors in the country.
Our mission is to improve the health of underserved communities. Importantly, our solutions are designed specifically for Medicaid and lower-income Medicare beneficiaries, and we meet our members where they are, bringing care into the home and neighborhoods through our community-based care teams and Virtual Care offerings.
In close collaboration with community-based organizations, local providers, and leading health plans, we are reorganizing the health system to focus on what matters to our members. Equipped with world-class, custom care delivery technology, we deliver personalized primary care, behavioral health, and social services to deliver a radically better experience of care for every member and community we serve.
Over the next year, we’ll grow quickly to bring better care to many more members and their communities. To do this, we need people who, like us, believe that everyone should have good care for what matters to them, in their community.
Our work is grounded in a belief in the power of a diverse community. To close gaps in care and advance equity in the communities we serve, we have to start with making our own team diverse and inclusive. Our ways of working are characterized by creativity, collaboration, and mutual learning that comes from bringing together a community from diverse backgrounds and perspectives. We strive to ensure that every person on the Cityblock team, and every Cityblock member, feels supported and included as a part of our community.
- Aim for Understanding
- Be All In
- Bring Your Whole Self
- Lean Into Discomfort
- Put Members First
About the Role:
As an Ambulatory Care Clinical Pharmacist you will have the opportunity to deliver innovative, high-quality care as an integral member of our team. You will be responsible for the promotion of rational, safe and cost-effective drug therapy in collaboration with both internal and external primary care providers & specialists, nurse care managers, our community health partners and other non-clinical roles. You will work to identify and help resolve medication therapy opportunities while co-designing individualized therapeutic regimens for optimal management of chronic disease states and preventative care. You will provide direct care to our members and their caregivers to deliver Comprehensive Medication Management (CMM) and help drive better individual and population health outcomes while preventing avoidable ED visits and hospitalizations.
- Provide Comprehensive Medication Management (CMM) in collaboration with hub-based and virtual clinical care teams and provide other pharmacist support services as needed.
- Contribute in the development of a medication management action plan to achieve member self-management goals and clinical outcomes, with measurable parameters and timeline for monitoring and follow-up.
- Communicate and work collaboratively with Cityblock and external providers belonging to member care team to ensure all clinical interventions and encounters are aligned with medication-related goals, and conduct ongoing assessments and refinements to care plan necessary to promote goal attainment
- Provide direct support to clinical team members for all general drug information, dosing, interaction/adverse effect avoidance questions or member-specific needs
- Participate in staff education through presentation of medication management in-services, development of educational tools for clinical and non-clinical team members, and training/coaching/facilitating all roles on consistent maintenance of a member’s best possible medication list care management platform, Commons, as well as post-discharge med reconciliation process for providers.
- Help develop medication management and disease state-specific clinical pathways/protocols, with the eventual goal of transitioning to collaborative practice agreements (CPA) with Cityblock physicians, permitting pharmacist to perform member assessments, order laboratory tests, and initiate or adjust medications per protocol to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of team-based care.
Requirements for the Role:
- You have a PharmD with license to practice pharmacy in Massachusetts
- You have completed a PGY1 pharmacy practice residency and
- a PGY-2 Ambulatory Care Pharmacy Residency or
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience as a clinical pharmacist in an ambulatory care setting;
- You hold Board Certification in Pharmacotherapy (BCPS), Ambulatory Care Pharmacy (BCACP) or Geriatric Pharmacy (BCGP) from the Board of Pharmacy Specialties
- You have experience working within an interdisciplinary team
- You are an independent self-starter, a leader, and a strategic thinker who is excited about the big picture of whole health, and the ongoing evaluation and iteration of our care model
What We’d Like From You:
- A resume and/or LinkedIn profile
Cityblock values diversity as a core tenet of the work we do and the populations we serve. We are an equal opportunity employer, indiscriminate of race, religion, ethnicity, national origin, citizenship, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or any other protected characteristic.
We do not accept unsolicited resumes from outside recruiters/placement agencies. Cityblock will not pay fees associated with resumes presented through unsolicited means.
Medical Clearance (for Member-Facing Roles):
You must complete Cityblock’s medical clearance requirements, which include, but may not be limited to, evidence of immunity to MMR, Hepatitis B, Varicella, and a TB screen, or have an approved medical or religious accommodation that precludes you from being vaccinated against these diseases.
Covid 19 Update - Please Read:
Cityblock requires those hired into this position to provide proof that they have received the COVID-19 vaccine. Any individuals subject to this requirement may submit for consideration a request to be exempted from the requirement (based on a valid religious or medical reason) on forms to be provided by Cityblock. Such requests will be subject to review and approval by the Company, and exemptions will be granted only if the Company can provide a reasonable accommodation in relation to the requested exemption. Note that approvals for reasonable accommodations are reviewed and approved on a case-by-case basis and availability of a reasonable accommodation is not guaranteed. This vaccination requirement is based, in part, on recently established government requirements. The requirement is also based on the safety and effectiveness of the vaccine in protecting against COVID-19, and our shared responsibility for the health and safety of members, colleagues, and community.
The COVID-19 pandemic has severely impacted the health and lives of people around the world, including the vulnerable populations Cityblock serves. As a healthcare provider, Cityblock holds ourselves to the highest standards when promoting the health and safety of those who we serve. Given that the COVID-19 vaccines are one of the most powerful tools to fight this disease and save lives, Cityblock is implementing a COVID-19 booster mandate for Washington, D.C. employees under the guidance of local/state mandates.