Senior Software Engineer
Posted on 3/30/2023
Seattle, WA, USA
Google Cloud Platform
- 6+ years experience as a software engineer working on large scale distributed systems
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, or related field
- Operational familiarity with cloud infrastructure/Infrastructure as a Service platforms (e.g., AWS or GCP), Docker, Kubernetes
- Deliver solutions end to end from technical design to production that support migrating Sentry's applications from a single region to multiple regions
- Touch almost every aspect of the open source and proprietary Sentry application (Python, ReactJS, Postgres, Kafka, Redis, etc)
- Work with our Operations and Dev Infra teams to create the automated tooling and instrumentation to support managing Sentry's globally distributed systems (deployments, migrations, etc)
- Solve complex trans-oceanic data consistency problems
- Optimize the performance of our regionally deployed applications to give our customers the best possible experience
- Enable running Sentry managed instances on customer owned hardware
- Have a strong grasp on Python, Django (or similar REST frameworks) and React, points for experience with TypeScript
Open-source full-stack error tracking system
Sentry is on a mission to help developers save time, energy, and probably a few therapy sessions. The company operates an error & crash monitoring platform.
- Competitive Compensation + Equity
- 401(k) Plan
- Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance
- Commuter Stipend
- Professional Development Stipend
- Health & Wellness Benefits
- Charitable Matching Program
- Flexible PTO
- Paid Parental Leave
Company Core Values
- Pixels Matter - We understand that the difference between a good product and a great one is in the finer details. We take extra care to get everything right, down to the last pixel.
- Feedback is Priceless - White lies help no one. We give each other constructive, respectful, and sincere feedback for the best collective outcome and most personal growth. (On our work, that is. We'll keep opinions on your floral-patterned pants to ourselves.)
- Step by Step - We don't expect to get things right the first time around. We do our best work by iterating: making small changes, measuring impact, and trying again (and again, and sometimes again).
- For Every Developer - Sentry is a tool for everyone who codes. We strive to create a product that's accessible (and indispensable) to developers at any level, at companies big, small, and everything beyond and in between.
- Work in Progress - We know that we don't know everything. Nothing here is set in stone. We're still filling roles and writing rules, as a team. In the meantime, we embrace individual ownership, autonomy, and accountability.
- Value People - We respect one another. We understand that success comes from a variety of backgrounds, experiences, skills, and opinions — not in spite of it. Even if we disagree on the route, we still push forward to the end.