Mechanical Engineer – Summer 2023 Internship
Confirmed live in the last 24 hours
Milpitas, CA, USA
- You find large challenges exciting and enjoy discovering and defining problems as much as solving them
- You deliver. You may enjoy thoughtful conversations about problems and perfecting designs, but in the end, you know that what matters is delivering a manufacturable solution that works every time
- You are a cross-disciplinary team member. You are excited to work with and learn from software, mechanical, electrical, materials, biological engineers, and neuroscientists. You are comfortable communicating across teams
- Resourceful, flexible and adaptable; no task is too big or too small
- Strong understanding of engineering first principles
- Brain Interfaces Team is responsible for the design, build and testing of all mechanical systems in our implant and charger, and mechanical designs of hardware that the research subjects interact with. Projects include design of test infrastructure to reduce hardware development and manufacturing time, electronics packaging for our charger and implant electronics, tooling to help interface the implant with the surgical robot, and rigs to enable new BCI applications
- Robotics and Surgery Engineering Team tackles challenges across surgical robotics, such as creating next-gen hardware to drive total brain surgery time down from hours to seconds; designing laser-micromachining for micron-precision geometries for surgical end effectors; and developing ways to reach deeper brain targets while balancing the competing goals of endpoint accuracy and minimally invasive insertion
- 1+ years of mechanical engineering industry experience, including owning products from concept to production
- Experience with conventional machining and rapid prototyping technologies
- Experience with precision design and manufacturing
- Experience with advanced imaging techniques
Implantable brain–machine interfaces
Neuralink's mission is to build devices that will help people with paralysis and invent new technologies that will expand abilities, the community, and the world.
- An opportunity to change the world and work with some of the smartest and the most talented experts from different fields.
- Growth potential. We rapidly advance team members who have an outsized impact.
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision insurance through a PPO plan; parental leave.
- Flexible time off + paid holidays.
- Equity + 401(k) plan.
- Commuter Benefits.
- Meals provided.