Forbes believes in the power of entrepreneurial capitalism and uses it on various platforms to ignite the conversations that drive systemic change in business, culture and society. We celebrate success and are committed to using our megaphone to drive diversity, equity and inclusion.
Forbes Vetted is seeking a creative social media editor to join our growing commerce content distribution team.
The social media editor will be the driving force behind how we share content and engage with our audience across Forbes Vetted’s social channels. You will be responsible for ideating, producing and posting social media content on existing channels (including Instagram, Facebook and Twitter), plus collaborating with the social video producer on TikTok and IG reel content. The ideal candidate has direct previous experience producing affiliate revenue-generating shopping and product review content as well as direct experience running paid social campaigns on Facebook Ads Manager. To excel in this position, you will need a passion for internet culture and social trends, strong creative instincts and skill sets, plus an understanding of and appreciation for the Forbes Vetted brand mission. We are looking for a strategic thinker eager to innovate and experiment to help grow the Forbes Vetted audience, but who knows how to filter out social trends that might not be right for our brand. This role reports to the Forbes Vetted audience development director.
This is a remote role with an option to commute to the Jersey City Forbes office if desired.
- Overseeing day-to-day copywriting, scheduling, posting, and monitoring of Forbes Vetted social channels on Instagram, Twitter, Facebook and TikTok
- Partnering closely with the Art, Video, and editorial teams to create engaging social content that communicates Forbes Vetted brand values and identity
- Tracking success of social content and growth KPIs using social management, analytics, and listing tools such as: SocialFlow, Sprinklr, Google Analytics, and more
- Staying on top of social media trends and identifying opportunities for expansion and innovation
- Working with the Forbes Vetted editorial team to develop social media support plans for all cross-platform editorial packages and shopping sales events
- Collaborating with the Forbes Vetted branded content editors to create engaging paid social content for our clients
- Setting up and monitoring paid social campaigns on Facebook Ads Manager
- Participating in content planning and assisting with coverage over various shopping tentpole events, such as, Black Friday/Cyber Monday, Prime Day, Gift Guides, Memorial Day, etc.
- Minimum 3+ years experience running social accounts for a major publisher or brand, preferably in a topic related to one or more of our coverage areas
- Expertise in creating engaging shopping and product-focused content
- Facebook Ads Manager knowledge preferred
- Great organizational skills and ability to manage multiple social calendars and projects in a fast-paced environment
- A team player and great communicator who enjoys working in a collaborative environment
- A passion for analytics and identifying consumer behavior trends is a plus!
The annual base salary range for this role is $75,000 - $85,000
Forbes has estimated the compensation range set forth above in good faith. The compensation range is what we believe we will offer, and ultimately pay, a successful candidate. In determining this range, we consider the experience, level of education (if applicable to the role), knowledge, skills, and abilities required to be had by a successful candidate as well as the budget and the company’s pay rates, generally. This said, we may have to make changes to our compensation estimates and job descriptions from time to time and we expressly reserve the right to do so. Should we make any such changes, this advertisement will be revised to reflect such revisions. We encourage you to occasionally re-visit this advertisement to ensure that you are abreast of any changes. Thank you for your interest in joining Forbes!
Forbes aims to offer employees the flexibility they need in order to be successful. We offer a hybrid work schedule for our employees. Some roles may be remote (within the U.S.) if it aligns to the needs of the position. Any employee entering the Forbes office for business or social reasons will need to present proof of full vaccination, unless eligible for a medical or religious accommodation or other accommodation required under applicable law.
Forbes is an equal opportunity employer.
Staff and Applicant Privacy Notice