Product Designer - Chattanooga, Tn (On-Site, Remote, or Hybrid)
Posted on 2/1/2022
Remote in USA • Chattanooga, TN, USA
- Work side-by-side with clients and Viget teammates to design high-quality digital products and experiences
- Use creative user research methods and available data to inform design decisions and evaluate the effectiveness of those designs
- Design high-quality, thoughtful interfaces that balance aesthetics and usability
- Use prototyping tools to communicate complex interactive design ideas when appropriate
- Are knowledgeable about accessibility and the impact design decisions have in making products usable for everyone
- Are familiar with the possibilities and limitations of modern development approaches including web applications, client-side applications, and native mobile applications
- Can clearly communicate recommendations to clients and teammates on product direction, design, functionality, and usability
- Enjoy working with agile development teams on software applications, and helping clients focus on realistic deliverables
- Consistently meet deadlines and are considerate of clients' project budgets and timelines
- Take pride in listening, communicating, and collaborating exceptionally well
- To be considered to work at Viget, you should exhibit these characteristics, too
- Have an online portfolio or other example work you can share with us
- Have a degree, certification, or equivalent work experience showing aptitude with digital product design
- The design team at Viget has three roles that provide our clients with services ranging from brand strategy to product design:
- UX Designers specialize in crafting complex marketing sites, content sites, and e-commerce sites
- Product Designers specialize in creating compelling digital products
- Creative Designers specialize in making visually-rich experiences and sites for brands
- Annual base salary of $75,000 - $105,000 (mid level) or $95,000 to $125,000 (senior) per year depending on location, skills, and experience
- Additional comp available via spot performance bonuses, sales referrals, and new hire referrals
- 401(k) retirement plan matching up to 4%
- 100% company-paid health and dental coverage for you and your family
- Stipends for wellness (apps, gyms, etc.) and connectivity (mobile phone or home internet)
- 15 days PTO (20 after 2 years), 9 paid holidays, and 2 community service days per year
- Up to $2,000/year in conference and training (professional development) budget
- Facilitating a workshop with the client's team, helping them evaluate which product concepts to build
- Creating screen designs and flows for a complex new feature
- Whiteboarding with the rest of the project team (project manager, developers) to plan out work for the week
- Evaluating the usability of a proposed feature by testing a prototype with users
Full-service interactive agency
Viget sees the digital world as an essential part of the “real” world. That's why they approach tech problems in the same way people approach real-life problems — with curiosity, empathy, and a belief that we can, and will, come up with solutions that make the world a better place for everyone.
- We offer competitive salaries, annual raises, and a 401(k) plan matched up to 4%
- We cover 100% of your health & dental insurance (and your family’s, too)
- We offer healthy snacks in each office and foster a culture of well-being with initiatives
- We champion sustainable workweeks balanced with 9 paid holidays, 15 days PTO (20 after 2 years), and 2 community service days
- We outfit our team with 27 in displays and your choice of Macbook Air or Pro. In most cases, you can select the software you prefer
- We provide an annual conference stipend, internal micro-classes, and opportunities to explore new tech on self-directed projects
- Be Good - To us, this means honest, trustworthy, empathetic, helpful, and respectful of your fellow humans.
- Be Real - We’re at our best when we’re authentic, engaged, fun-loving, humble, direct, and all-in on our mission.
- Be Brave - We want you to be curious, creative, ambitious, decisive, and willing to take calculated risks and tackle big challenges.
- Learn & Grow - Here, you’ll continually expand and evolve your skills, and broaden your personal and professional experiences.
- Teach & Share - By imparting insights, knowledge, and wisdom throughout our company and community we all succeed.
- Teamwork - We’re all on the same team and we consistently work both hard and smart in service to our clients and each other.