Every developer has a tab open on Stack Overflow.
We are one of the most popular websites in the world - a community-based space focused on increasing productivity, decreasing cycle times, accelerating time to market, and protecting institutional knowledge.
Innovation is at the heart of everything we do. We embrace collaboration, transparency, and believe in leading with empathy; creating an environment where every Stacker knows they belong. We embrace that the unique contributions and points of view of all Stackers contribute to our success.
We are a Best Company to Work For, in addition to being recognized for Best Company Leadership, Best Company Happiness, Best Company Perks and Benefits, Best Company Work-Life Balance, Best Company Compensation, and Best Company Outlook.
We are a remote-first company with Hiring HUBs based in the US, Canada, UK, and Germany.
We are seeking a seasoned Sales Director to lead our Enterprise Sales Team for the West region of the United States. You will report directly into the Vice President of Enterprise Sales for North America. Top candidates will have a successful track record of hiring, leading and developing high performing teams for high-growth SaaS companies.
Candidates should be located in the Pacific Time Zone. Los Angeles and San Francisco Bay Area preferred.
What You’ll Do:
- Manage the day-to-day operations of an Enterprise sales team.
- Hire, motivate, mentor and provide training to increase efficiency, productivity and skill sets of employees
- Ensure quarterly revenue targets and monthly goals are achieved
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date Salesforce data for your team and provide reliable forecast information to upper management
- Quote, negotiate, and assist sales reps in closing highly complex transactions through the development of executive-level relationships with key prospects
- Actively engage in territory planning and opportunity development
- Work closely with extended team of pre-sales, CS, legal, finance
What We Expect From You:
- 5+ years of experience selling Enterprise B2B SaaS solutions
- 2+ years of SaaS Enterprise/Strategic Sales management experience
- Success effectively influencing key stakeholders at our customers and inside of Stack Overflow
- Experience orchestrating and aligning decision makers around a common objective
- Deep understanding of SaaS / Cloud Go-To-Market and the required roles for effective customer engagement
- Ability to travel approximately 25% with rep
Base Salary: $180,000 - $200,000 annually plus commission. #LI-SH1 #LI-Remote
What you’ll get in return:
- Competitive Base Salary
- Generous paid vacation
- Generous parental leave (16 weeks at 100% pay), family care leave, and unlimited sick days
- Equity (RSUs) for all employees at all levels
- Industry-leading health benefits that are applicable per country of residence for all our full-time employees
- Company-paid Life Insurance
- Health & wellness stipend
- Home Internet stipend
- Professional allocation for your growth and development
- One-time allowance to assist with your home office setup
- Company-paid access to Calm, Bravely, LinkedIn Learning, MyAcademy and Overdrive
Stack Overflow is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We value diversity, inclusion, equity and belonging and these pillars are at the heart of how we work together here at Stack. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
For individuals based in California, and other locations where required, we will consider employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.