In this role, you will lead a group of product, design, and content teams to push the Volley roadmap forward—both on smart speaker platforms and the voice platforms of the future. You will set roadmaps, decide strategy and goals, and hire and manage each of our games’ product teams.
You will enable your organization to iterate on ideas to drive KPIs, help lead the user experience and advocate for your ideas as part of a functional team. You’ll be on the frontier of voice, creating experiences for the 100 million+ Americans that own smart speaker devices (Amazon Echo, Google Home).
You’ll be responsible for planning and overseeing the product strategy of the most popular voice games in the world, manage members of the team and own company-wide goals. You’ll work with data analysts, engineers, designers and finance teammates to design features and experiments, and use metrics and data to prioritize tasks.
Some things you may have done in the past
- Managed innovative user experiences for mobile apps, websites, broadcast, smart speaker devices
- Built a consumer-facing product or managed a software platform
- Designed product features and experiments to hit KPIs
- Led a large product and/or design organization
- Helped grow a startup organization from dozens into hundreds of people
- 5+ years Product Management experience
- Passion for entertainment and/or games
- Deep understanding of consumer psychology
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- 3+ years management and hiring experience
The hiring process
- Stage 1 (Preliminary Screening) with Adrienne Hatter, Head of Recruiting
- Stage 2 (Interview Video Call) with Max Child, Co-Founder & CEO
- Stage 3 (Interview Video Call) with Product Leader
- Stage 4 (Take-Home)
- Stage 5(Half-Day “On Site”) with various partners, team-mates, and executives
- [Executive Roles] Follow-Up Calls as needed
What’s in it for you
- Your medical, dental, and vision insurance is 100% covered by Volley, for yourself and all dependents and we match 401k!
- We offer a flexible, hybrid work-from-home and in-office work model.
- We offer 4 weeks of paid time off (enforced 2-week minimum), 16 paid holidays, 40 hours of bereavement leave, unlimited sick days, and
- Our generous parental leave policy includes 24 weeks at 100% pay for birthing parents and 12 weeks at 100% pay for non-birthing parents
- We offer visa support for eligible candidates, making the process of relocating for the job smoother and more streamlined
- A full breakdown of our benefits is here!
For Pay Transparency: The base salary range for this position is $200,000 - $300,000 annually, based on a local (San Francisco) hire. Final offer amount may depend on experience, education, skills, and location.
Base pay is one part of the total package that is provided to compensate and recognize employees for their work.
Volley, named one of Y Combinator’s Top Companies, develops voice-controlled games and entertainment apps for Amazon Alexa and Google Home. Our voice apps are world-class and attract millions of users every month.
We’ve created several of the top experiences for voice-controlled devices, including:
We believe voice control will be the main way people access entertainment in their bedrooms, kitchens, living rooms, and cars. Our goal is to build a destination for interactive audio entertainment, as Netflix did for television.
Volley believes in an inclusive workplace and is committed to building a team from a variety of backgrounds. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, perform essential job functions, and receive the other benefits and privileges of employment.
We’re a small but quickly growing team that truly enjoys working together. We love hanging out at happy hours, the funny and strange in Slack #random, and occasional karaoke sessions in our brand new Hayes Valley office. If this sounds like fun (we promise it is), get in touch!
Underrepresented candidates and candidates from nontraditional backgrounds are strongly encouraged to apply!