Associate Legal Counsel
Confirmed live in the last 24 hours
New York, NY, USA
- Qualified solicitor/lawyer (2-5 PQE) with post-qualification experience either in-house or in private practice
- Experience working internationally and on a variety of cross-border matters
- Excellent time management skills and experience managing a diverse workload and competing stakeholder demands
- Ability to work autonomously and collaboratively as needed, flexing the approach as the matter requires
- Developed communication skills and the ability to articulate and explain complex legal issues clearly and concisely
- Enthusiasm for new challenges and skilling up in different areas of law
- Previous fintech, payments, software, e-commerce and/or bank experience is desirable but not essential
- Having worked in a start-up or other fast-paced and dynamic environment is desirable but not essential
- This role is based in either New York City or London and sits within the commercial team of our Legal department
- Draft, review and negotiate a wide variety of commercial agreements, including customised customer contracts, strategic partnerships and supplier contracts
- Resolve legal issues and contract interpretation matters that arise during negotiations
- Produce and/or maintain various standard agreements (e.g. NDA, supplier and customer agreement etc.)
- Advise on special projects as needed, including new product developments, while taking into consideration their legal and regulatory impact
- Advise on commercial legal issues and risks
- Conduct research on various multi-jurisdictional legal issues
- Support the Company's strategic projects and initiatives by providing creative, proactive and results orientated advice
Global payments solution
Checkout.com’s mission is to enable businesses and their communities to thrive in the digital economy. This mission inspires them to deliver innovative solutions that flex to needs, valuable insights that help get smart about payments' performance, and expertise their customers can count on as they navigate the complexities of an ever-shifting world.
- Work-life balance - Flexible working and plenty of time off to unwind. We’ll even give you your birthday off.
- Recognition - Peer recognition program and quarterly Hero Awards. We celebrate success together.
- Career development - Tailored career development and learning pathways. We’ll help you unlock your potential.
- Celebrating diversity - Internal community groups and cultural events. We celebrate our differences.
- Staying healthy - A global wellness programme and private health insurance. We support your wellbeing.
- Security for the future - Comprehensive plans for you and your loved ones. We’ll take care of you.
- Giving back - Employee-led community outreach, payroll giving and a volunteering day. We care about your causes.
- Aspire. Anything can be built
- Excel. Go above and beyond
- Unite. We’re greater together