Confirmed live in the last 24 hours
San Francisco, CA, USA
- 4+ years of relevant engineering experience at tech and product-driven companies
- Proficiency with some backend language (we use Python)
- Some experience with relational databases like Postgres/MySQL
- Interest in AI/ML (direct experience not required)
- Ability to move fast in an environment where things are sometimes loosely defined and may have competing priorities or deadlines
- Own the development of new customer-facing features and product experiences end-to-end
- Talk to customers to understand their problems and design solutions to address them
- Collaborate with a cross-functional team of engineers, researchers, designers, and operations folks
- Build and maintain applications and libraries for future use
- Optimize applications for speed and scale
AI research and deployment company
OpenAI's mission is to ensure that artificial general intelligence benefits all of humanity. OpenAI's mission is to ensure that artificial general intelligence (AGI)—by which they mean highly autonomous systems that outperform humans at most economically valuable work—benefits all of humanity.
- Health insurance
- Dental and vision insurance
- Flexible spending account for healthcare and dependent care
- Mental healthcare service
- Fertility treatment coverage
- 401(k) with generous matching
- 20-week paid parental leave
- Life insurance (complimentary)
- AD&D insurance (complimentary)
- Short-term/long-term disability insurance (complimentary)
- Optional buy-up life insurance
- Flexible work hours and unlimited paid time off (we encourage 4+ weeks per year)
- Annual learning & development stipend
- Regular team happy hours and outings
- Daily catered lunch and dinner
- Travel to domestic conferences
Company Core Values
- Audacious - We make big bets and are unafraid to go against established norms.
- Thoughtful - We thoroughly consider the consequences of our work and welcome heterogeneity of thought.
- Unpretentious - We’re undeterred by the “boring work“ and not motivated to prove we have the best ideas.
- Pragmatic & Impact-Driven - We’re a company of builders who care deeply about real-world implications and applications.
- Collaborative - Many of our biggest advances grow out of work done across multiple teams.
- Growth-oriented - We believe in the power of feedback and encourage a mindset of continuous learning and growth.