New York, New York
6 month growth↑ 3%
1 year growth↑ 6%
2 year growth↑ 0%
- Deep curiosity for data
- Strong analytical skills
- Understanding of Synch Licensing processes
- Knowledge of music publishing and royalty processing
- Experience with AWS Athena and Tableau
- Familiarity with RPA technologies, specifically UiPath
- Ability to analyze large volumes of data
- Natural communicator and relationship builder
- Confidence in presenting business analysis to senior management
- Passionate about making the industry fair and rewarding for artists
- Understand data pain points and build tools to improve them
- Serve as primary point of contact for troubleshooting and traffic control with RPA tools
- Develop Athena/SQL queries to support synch team processes and goals
- Generate catalog data sets of available synch repertoire
- Liaise with other departments to ensure best use of available resources
- Proficiency in other coding languages
- Experience in identifying gaps in data or income
- Enjoy working in a collaborative and fast-paced environment
- Passionate about music and the industry
We are seeking a Manager to play a unique role within the operations of our Synch Licensing team in Los Angeles. The Synch Licensing team is responsible for procuring, negotiating, and licensing activity for Kobalt’s catalog of represented music. This person will work closely with our entire team to surface data to help monitor and enhance our processes.
This position will require you to have a deep curiosity for data, organization of information and technology requiring strong analytical skills and the ability to improve complex issues with data and process implementation. You will also have a strong understanding of Synch Licensing processes, music publishing and royalty processing.
The ideal candidate enjoys problem solving in a fast-paced environment, and can deal with pressure but remains optimistic and persistent to ensure our clients copyrights are properly protected when licensed and that they get paid accurately and efficiently.
This is an exciting and challenging opportunity with plenty of scope to grow in a global team that is close-knit and super supportive of each other.
WHAT DOES A MANAGER FOR SYNCH LICENSING DATA AND OPERATIONS AT KOBALT DO?
- You work closely with the creative, clearance and administration teams to understand data pain points, and build tools via AWS Athena and Tableau to help improve the issues.
- You serve as the primary point of contact for troubleshooting and traffic control with a suite of robotic process automation (RPA) tools.
- You play a key role in developing Athena/SQL queries that support the processes and goals of the synch team.
- You generate catalog data sets of available synch repertoire based on combinations of territory, percentage controlled, revenue generated and other similar metrics.
- Liaise with other departments at Kobalt to understand the overlap with the needs of the synch team in an effort to ensure that initiatives are making the best use of available resources.
WHAT SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
- You have a well-developed understanding of music publishing and music rights terminology as well as relevant income and royalty tracking experience.
- You have a working knowledge of Athena as well as Tableau and using SQL based databases.
- You also have a familiarity with RPA technologies, specifically UiPath (proficiency in other coding languages is a plus).
- You have a track record of analysing large volumes of data and/or experience in identifying gaps in data or income demonstrating a high level of curiosity and a drive to provide insights so our global team can improve the experience for our clients.
- You are a natural communicator and able to build strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- You are confident in presenting business analysis to senior management.
- You also have an analytical mind-set, enjoy working with large data sets and a natural ability to view and solve problems.
- You are passionate about making the industry more fair and rewarding for artists, so being a music fan and someone who enjoys working in a collaborative and fast-paced environment is a must!
If this sounds like you, then please share your story by filling out the application below. To get you in the right mood, have a listen here to songs by our talented creators, especially curated to get you in the right mood when looking for the next challenge!
WHY CHOOSE US?
At Kobalt we’ve prioritized creators since we first started in 2000. Our music services and the technology we’ve built helps make the industry more fair and rewarding for artists.
We’re trusted by some of the world’s biggest names like Doja Cat, Kali Uchis, Phoebe Bridgers, Nick Cave, Wolf Alice and Sam Fender and songwriters such as Simon Aldred (Rag N Bone Man, Liam Gallagher, Celeste) and Clarence Coffee Jr. (Dua Lipa, Lizzo, The Snuts).
We thrive on creativity and are committed to championing diversity. We’re dedicated to inclusiveness and provide all the resources and benefits you need to grow your career and reach your potential. We offer competitive compensation packages, professional development opportunities, and an entrepreneurial culture that makes working here not just fun, but also rewarding.
Applicants must be eligible to work in the United States. A full DBS check on acceptance of offer. Kobalt is an equal opportunity employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, gender, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, or any other status or characteristic protected by law.
The range provided is for Los Angeles-based hires only and will be commensurate with candidate experience. Pay ranges for candidates in other locations other than Los Angeles may differ based on the cost of labor in that location. Pay range: $65,200 - $78,500