Entertainment Market Research Analyst/Sr. Analyst
Confirmed live in the last 24 hours
- Experience - We'd love for you to have 1-3 years' experience working in consumer insights, consumer research or in an analyst/strategy role at an entertainment/media company! Internships at those types of companies are great too! If not, no worries, come to the interview prepared to discuss some stellar academic research projects (extra points if projects are primary in nature)
- Your degree(s) - Ideally looking for a B.A./B.S. degree in areas such as Social Sciences, Business, Marketing, Market Research, Statistics, Economics or a related field. Additional degrees are welcome!
- Passion - An enthusiasm for research, data driven approaches, and strategic thinking. You live and breathe all things entertainment and enjoy staying up to date on industry trends and developments. Small talking or deep diving on entertainment fuels you
- Research practitioner - Openness to working on both qualitative and quantitative projects. We are not expecting you to be a research master, but some knowledge and exposure to research is preferred (we'll help you become a master in no time)!
- Curiosity and critical thinking - You are genuinely interested in seeking information on the “whys.” You have the ability to address issues using creative and collaborative tactics
- Data viz chops - Comfort with navigating data sets and extracting insights. Experience visualizing data with tools such as Excel, PowerPoint, Google Docs, Slides, Keynote and more
- Storytelling - Strong writing skills where you can craft a story around data insights and clearly communicate key points in a succinct manner. You have great oral communication skills as well
- Data analysis techniques - Experience with the following data analysis techniques would be awesome: statistical significance testing, correlation analysis, multivariate analysis techniques (such as cluster/segmentation analysis) and conjoint and discrete choice analysis
- Self-starter - Internally-motivated who continuously strives to get things done well, regardless of challenges encountered
- Expert multitasker - Successfully manages time and multiple competing priorities to ensure deadlines are always met. Staying organized is a must for managing projects!
- Hawk-eyed attention to detail - No errors get past you and you do all that you can to ensure nothing slips through the cracks when it comes to quality control and reporting
- Great Team Member - Team player who is able to work collaboratively and harmoniously within a team and across teams. You will roll up your sleeves to help get the job done and no task is beneath you. You welcome feedback because you have a zest for learning and growing
- Support all phases of quantitative and qualitative research projects, including research design, questionnaire and discussion guide development, data analysis and storytelling
- Projects may include methods such as concept evaluation, brand studies, content optimization tests, messaging/positioning evaluation, creative materials tests, market sizing and segmentation
- Help drive quality control processes at each step of the research lifecycle, from checking survey programming logic, questionnaire proofing, number checking and proofing reports and presentations for accuracy
- Partner with internal and external operations teams (programming, fieldwork, facilities, moderators, data processing) to drive projects forward on stringent timelines
- Assist with translating data into clear, actionable insights and recommendations through visual, creative and story-driven reports
Data driven insights & strategic consultation
National Research Group's mission is to provide insights through well-designed research that leads to creative strategies to create stronger connections with customers. They synthesize disparate data into memorable, easy to understand and actionable narratives that empower clients to make informed decisions.
Company Core Values
- Excellence - Excellence is an unrelenting curiosity to push the limits of what’s possible in the world of content, culture and technology. The drive for preeminence touches every part of everything that we do.
- Innovation - From our approach to problem solving, to the cutting-edge solutions we’re known for, we’re catalysts of industry disruption. Innovation is in our DNA.
- Collaboration - We work collectively as a team across disciplines, learning from and inspiring each other through collaboration. The best insights stem from diverse perspectives and deep dialogue.
- Enthusiasm - We play at the intersection of creativity and science, with passion and rigor. Enthusiasm for what we do propels us to apply fresh thinking to big challenges.
- Grit - Grit and confidence in our way of thinking enables us to stay ahead of fast-changing industries. We stand by the things that matter most and aren’t afraid to roll up our sleeves to realize the best results.