Sr. Backend Software Engineer
Operating Platform, Edinburgh
Posted on 5/9/2023
Google Cloud Platform
- High proficiency in object-oriented languages such as Java/a scripting language such as Python
- Experience with building and securing access to REST APIs
- You have experience with running containerised applications such as Docker, Kubernetes
- Worked with cloud provider-hosted infrastructure and platforms such as AWS, Azure, or GCP
- Proficient in service oriented architecture and knowledge of distributed systems
- You enjoy building solutions that enable other developers to create new software products
- You are passionate about secure, performant, and reliable system architecture
- Experience with relational and non-relational datastores
- A strong, hands-on technical approach
- Ability to drive delivery within goal-setting frameworks such as OKRs; to build iterative solutions and respond to client feedback
- Drive software delivery and improve engineering processes
- Collaborate cross functionally with product owners designers, programme managers and other Engineering leads to deliver impactful business outcomes for our clients
- Work on Distributed systems (microservices, sharded computations), inter-process messaging and coordination (Kafka, Zookeeper, service meshes like Istio), observability (distributed tracing, logging, performance and application monitoring) build systems, test systems, cloud-native deployment suites
- Help create Identity and Access Management Platform, Understand the current user profiles and come up with authentication solution with OAuth 2.0, OIDC. Evaluate and build scalable authorisation solution leveraging open source authorisation systems
Wealth management platform for investors & advisors
Addepar's mission is to create a more transparent financial system. The company provides wealth managers with real-time portfolio reporting and insights required to make and implement better investment decisions. By helping people achieve the best possible outcomes, Addepar aims to get more assets flowing into more impactful investments and ideas, benefiting our society as a whole.
- Equity: Stretch the idea of ownership beyond your day-to-day and take pride in being an owner in the growth of Addepar
- Global Hybrid Workforce: Whether you work remotely or on-site, you’ll have the opportunity to build and collaborate with colleagues around the world
- Flexible Time Off: Spend time traveling, celebrating with friends and family or relax on your schedule
- Benefits Packages: Competitive medical, dental and vision benefits along with a monthly wellness allowance to keep you healthy and happy
- Learning & Development Allowance: Your continued growth and development are important to us
- Dynamic Team: Strong investment in the best talent at the intersection of technology and finance
Company Core Values
- Act Like an Owner: Think and operate with intention, purpose and care. Own outcomes.
- Build Together: Collaborate to unlock the best solutions. Deliver lasting value.
- Champion Our Clients: Exceed client expectations. Our clients’ success is our success.
- Drive Innovation: Be bold and unconstrained in problem solving. Transform the industry.
- Embrace Learning: Engage our community to broaden our perspective. Bring a growth mindset.