Product Assurance Engineering Co-Op
Reliability and Compliance
Posted on 9/21/2023
Sound & audio solutions company
Bose’s mission is to think of better solutions, create better products, and help people enjoy the things they love with their sound and audio products. The company is committed to delivering high quality sound through their wide product portfolio ranging from headphones, bluetooth speakers, wave systems, and more.
Growth & Insights
6 month growth↑ 0%
1 year growth↑ 0%
2 year growth↓ -4%
Framingham, MA, USA
Legal & Compliance
- We're looking for students to join our Co-Op Program who are obsessively curious about 'what's next'. You'll get hands on experience with our products and learn from the best of the best in the business. You will immerse yourself into Bose for 6 months and get the opportunity to grow the skills your learned in the classroom with hands on work experience. By the time you end your time with us, you will have been given the opportunity to truly make a real impact in the future of Bose and your career!
- Opportunities don't stop at your day-to-day work. While you're getting an in depth look at your area of expertise, we'll expose you to other areas of the company. Our Co-Ops are given the opportunity to connect with senior leadership across the business to understand different perspectives at Bose. You'll network with other Co-Ops and colleagues to grow your network for the future!
- Timeframe - January-June 2024
- You know the moment. It's the first notes of that song you love, the intro to your favorite movie, or simply the sound of someone you love saying “hello.” It's in these moments that sound matters most
- At Bose, we believe sound is the most powerful force on earth. And we've dedicated ourselves to improving it for nearly 60 years. Ever since our founder, Dr. Amar Bose, bought a stereo system and thought, “I can make this better,” we've been relentlessly pushing forward to the next best thing
- Innovation is more than what we do. It's who we are - constantly learning and constantly curious. We never stop imagining what better sound sounds like. We're music fanatics and audio engineers. We're explorers and inventors and dreamers. And we're passionate down to our bones about making whatever you're listening to a little more magical
- The Product Assurance Engineering team provides testing and analysis for products that are in development and alsofor products returned from the field due to failures. This role will allow a co-op to work in both areas to develop an understanding of the product assurance process by developing a test fixture for the Reliability lab, and also by supporting the Safety and Certification teams with product certification support and through review and analysis of returned customer product. The right candidate will be working towards or having a degree in Electrical, Computer or Mechanical Engineering. Would consider candidates with other science backgrounds
- Linear Motion Cycler Test Fixture Design and Improvement - 50% of time
- Reliability Engineering currently has automated linear motion test fixtures that are used to verify that newly design products meet the reliability / durability requirements for cycling connectors, headband components, earcups etc. Use of these testers can be cumbersome to set up in instances requiring precision. This project will improve the tester to increase throughput by adding capability and correcting some of the limitations that we have gleaned over multiple development projects
- The co-op will :