The Timeseries Query team designs, builds and operates query languages, APIs and services that operate on observability timeseries data that reside in Datadog’s petabyte-scale storage systems - such as metrics, logs and application traces. These query languages constitute the main interface to the vast amount of timeseries data and serve live traffic of hundreds of thousands of queries per second with sub-second latencies, powering key Datadog product features such as Dashboards, Alerts, Notebooks and Graphs. We’re looking for an Engineering Manager to lead this team, reporting to the Engineering Director for Cross-Product Query.
At Datadog, we place value in our office culture - the relationships and collaboration it builds and the creativity it brings to the table. We operate as a hybrid workplace to ensure our Datadogs can create a work-life harmony that best fits them.
What You’ll Do:
- Manage a growing team of 5 engineers, including giving appropriate mentorship and coaching to help them grow.
- Help the team plan its work to execute on the quarterly goals
- Share on-call responsibilities with rest of the team and ensure a culture of operational excellence
- Work closely with Product Management and Engineering Leadership to define the vision and roadmap for the team
- Be technically involved with the team - reviewing architecture decisions or RFCs to make sure the team is making sound decisions and good processes are in place. You are also welcome to contribute directly though this is not a strict requirement.
- Be part of XPQ’s staff and be involved in org-wide initiatives - the role reports to Director of Engineering, Cross-Product Query
Who You Are:
- Experience with distributed systems or database internals.
- Experience with or interest in analytics and big data processing engines
- Experience working with observability data (metrics, logs, traces) or timeseries data (from IoT, Finance, etc)
- Experience operating a production system with high traffic
- Previous experience with query processing, planning and optimization (nice to have)
Datadog values people from all walks of life. We know not everyone will meet all the above qualifications on day one. That’s okay. If you’re passionate about technology and want to grow your experience, we encourage you to apply.
Benefits & Growth:
- New hire stock equity (RSUs) and employee stock purchase plan (ESPP)
- Continuous professional development, product training, and career pathing
- Intradepartmental mentor and buddy program for in-house networking
- An inclusive company culture, ability to join our Community Guilds (Datadog employee resource groups)
- Access to Inclusion Talks, our internal panel discussions
- Free, global mental health benefits for employees and dependents age 6+
- Competitive global benefits
Benefits and Growth listed above may vary based on the country of your employment and the nature of your employment with Datadog.
The reasonably estimated salary for this role at Datadog ranges from $187,000 - $240,000, plus a competitive equity package, and may include variable compensation. Actual compensation is based on factors such as the candidate’s skills, qualifications, and experience. In addition, Datadog offers a wide range of best in class, comprehensive and inclusive employee benefits for this role including healthcare, dental, parental planning, and mental health benefits, a 401(k) plan and match, paid time off, fitness reimbursements, and a discounted employee stock purchase plan.
Datadog (NASDAQ: DDOG) is a global SaaS business, delivering a rare combination of growth and profitability. We are on a mission to break down silos and solve complexity in the cloud age by enabling digital transformation, cloud migration, and infrastructure monitoring of our customers’ entire technology stacks. Built by engineers, for engineers, Datadog is used by organizations of all sizes across a wide range of industries. Together, we champion professional development, diversity of thought, innovation, and work excellence to empower continuous growth. Join the pack and become part of a collaborative, pragmatic, and thoughtful people-first community where we solve tough problems, take smart risks, and celebrate one another. Learn more about #DatadogLife on Instagram, LinkedIn and Datadog Learning Center.
Equal Opportunity at Datadog:
Datadog is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and is proud to offer equal employment opportunity to everyone regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, veteran status, and more. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
Any information you submit to Datadog as part of your application will be processed in accordance with Datadog’s Applicant and Candidate Privacy Notice.