Principal Performance Engineer (Remote)
Posted on 4/25/2022
- Strong object-oriented programming skills using Scala or Java
- Ability to develop performance testing suites for microservices using Gatling
- Experience with Springboot, Maven, JVM tuning, Git, Jenkins, PostgreSQL, REST Assured, SumoLogic, Docker, Kubernetes, Basic Linux
- Experience with Prometheus, Grafana, DB monitoring, Heapdump and Threaddump analysis, tuning JVM performance
- Extensive experience configuring and deploying services in Production and lower environments - ideally with Kubernetes
- Experience improving efficiency of existing apps or infrastructure by proactively analyzing Production traffic and identifying performance bottlenecks
- Experience monitoring backend applications using Tracing/Observability tools such as Honeycomb, Dynatrace, NewRelic, AppDynamics etc
- Experience utilizing a mix of load generation tools for various types of performance and synthetic testing
- Passion for performance testing, participating in infrastructure planning for scalability
- Understanding of development, testing, site reliability processes and some experience with Production support for performance related issues
- Our performance test frameworks are built in a modular and easily extensible fashion, using Gatling. This allows us to develop new performance simulations at the pace of feature development
- Not only do you test and identify areas of performance improvements, but you also have ownership of services in all environments. This gives you flexibility to customize, configure and patch services in any environment based on your findings, including applying infrastructure and code changes
- Our team members have the ability to spin up disposable performance environments on demand in Kubernetes, deploy microservices with different versions and configurations, and execute performance tests against this setup
- Once the simulations are executed, and areas of improvements identified - you can push changes through lower environments all the way to Production then monitor, troubleshoot and run synthetic tests in Production
- Familiarity with Vault, Kafka, Hibernate, DB Monitoring tools (VividCortex, pgAdmin, etc.), ability to run explain plans for DB queries
Personal loans, cards and rewards checking
Upgrade's goal is to offer their users more value and a better experience than they receive from their traditional bank.
- Create - Drive innovation, try something new, build great products and deliver amazing experiences to our customers.
- Learn - Join a diverse work environment that promotes constant learning, testing and discovery together.
- Impact - Make a difference in the lives of millions of people by empowering them with knowledge and access to affordable credit.