Staff Thermal Design & Simulation Engineer
Confirmed live in the last 24 hours
Irvine, CA, USA
- Bachelors Degree in Mechanical/Thermal Engineering or equivalent; Masters or PhD preferred
- 7+ years of experience in providing electronic cooling solutions, including heat sink design, fan development and evaluation of thermal interface materials
- Deep understanding of conduction, convection and radiation
- Strong expertise with computational modeling and common CFD analysis tools, such as Flotherm, Ansys, Star CCM
- Experience with flow and measurement techniques
- Experience with 3D CAD, scripting and data analysis
- Strong grasp of failure analysis methodologies and experience with product reliability and validation procedures
- Experience developing and leading other multidisciplinary engineers
- Excellent communication skills across all functions and levels
- Excellent documentation practices
- Fluent written and spoken English
- Conceptualize design and perform numerical simulations to address a variety of thermal design challenges for leading-edge vehicle electrical hardware
- Develop electronic cooling and packaging solutions for next generation vehicle architectures and electronic systems
- Define and support best practices for how CFD can be used towards electronic thermal management for high-power requirements
- Develop strategies for optimizing thermal and mechanical components by minimizing mass, cost and material usage
- Provide detailed and actionable design suggestions including thermal stack-up, cooling layout and material selection to engineers responsible for detailed design of vehicle electronics
- Coordinate and work with other analysts across other departments to coordinate analysis methodologies and design constraints
- Own and drive thermal methodologies, deliverables and test specifications to support modeling efforts
- Work in multidisciplinary teams and drive product and engineering excellence
- Perform other duties as required or assigned within the scope of the position
Electric vehicles manufacturer
Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. The company believes there is a more responsible way to explore the world and is determined to make the transition to sustainable transportation an exciting one. Rivian designed their emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles to challenge what's possible.
- Ownership for All: We offer every employee the opportunity to own Rivian stock through equity programs, supporting their financial wellness.
- Mental and Emotional Wellness: We provide employees and their families access to mental wellness platforms and our Employees Assistance Program
- Fertility and Family Planning: We support diverse family-building journeys, providing employees with benefits such as paid parental leave and financial support for adoption, fertility treatments or surrogacy.
- Competitive Compensation: We offer competitive compensation packages driven by mutual investment in our long-term growth and success.
- Career Development: We enable all employees to own their development. Continuous learning opportunities and tuition reimbursement help drive performance, boost engagement and develop future leaders.
- Transgender Benefits: In alignment with WPATH guidelines, our 2022 plans provide coverage toward medical, pharmacy and cosmetic needs.
Company Core Values
- A diverse workforce
- Embracing active allyship
- Purpose-driven partnerships
- Supporting our team