Web3 and Blockchain Researcher, Compliance
Posted on 3/24/2022
Remote in USA • Remote • Philadelphia, PA, USA
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Business, and/or risk management
- +1 years of experience working in Fintech or blockchain related businesses
- Comprehensive/expert knowledge and a deep passion of virtual assets, blockchain/distributed ledger technology, decentralized finance, decentralized identity, and other emerging web3 technologies
- Comprehensive knowledge of US/global financial regulatory compliance requirements, especially as they relate to virtual assets/blockchain
- Experience/familiarity with Slack, Apple MacOS and GSuite
- Research and articulate relevant, new emerging web3 innovations and compliance solutions to the team; this could include new use cases, approaches to design, scalability, risk, KYC/identity, cross-chain bridging, or innovations in web3 verticals like DAOs, GameFi, etc
- Use research findings to identify emerging risks and conceptualize compliance solutions for web3 finance innovations
- Report to Senior Manager, Blockchain Compliance and partner with Policy, Product, Enterprise Risk, Security, and other internal teams to bring ideas into reality - for example: collaborating with Product to identify new kind of controls Circle can build to create a more decentralized, permissionless future that adheres to regulatory standards
- Closely monitor novel innovations (such as DeFi) and how changing regulatory sentiment may affect current and future products from a fundamental and technical standpoint. Additionally, how Circle can enter these emerging trends/technologies while putting compliance at the forefront
- Research,analyze and report on various blockchain tech stacks in relation to regulatory developments and industry innovations
- Sit in on various Compliance and Product meetings, attend conferences, meet with partners and industry professionals that are working on building compliance-related products
- Support the development of Circle's business and compliance strategy and decision-making criteria as it relates to Product and Compliance, and communicate industry developments as they relate to business objectives
- Conduct deep-dive research on various digital assets, and crypto verticals such as DeFi, NFT, DAO, and GameFi as requested by leadership; serve as an educational resource to leadership on changing high priority topics
- Help assess various risks of specific digital assets, protocols, and ecosystems, focusing on emerging technical trends, regulations/compliance, and technical design
- Multistakeholder - you have dedication and commitment to our customers, shareholders, employees and families and local communities
- Mindful - you seek to be respectful, an active listener and to pay attention to detail
- Driven by Excellence - you are driven by our mission and our passion for customer success which means you relentlessly pursue excellence, that you do not tolerate mediocrity and you work intensely to achieve your goals
- High Integrity - you seek open and honest communication, and you hold yourself to very high moral and ethical standards. You reject manipulation, dishonesty and intolerance
Platform for businesses to accept payments and send payouts
Circle's mission is to raise global economic prosperity through programmable internet commerce. The company is a global financial technology firm that’s at the center of digital currency innovation and open financial infrastructure.
- Paid time off - We offer flexible paid time off — take what you need as long as it works with you and your team, and all Circle employees get mobile phone and home office reimbursements.
- Health coverage - No matter where you live, we offer a market competitive suite of benefits. Enroll in health, dental, vision, disability, and life insurances, and Circle covers some or all of the premiums.
- Invested in your future - All U.S. full-time and part-time employees enjoy 401(k) and pensions (with 4% company match if you contribute 5% or more), and share Circle’s success via company equity awards.
- Learning & development - Your individual growth and development is important to us and we provide the resources to help you grow your career while at Circle.
- We are Multistakeholder - As an institution, we exist in a broad stakeholder context, which means that we must organize, incentivize and measure ourselves against meeting the needs of all of our stakeholders — our customers, our shareholders, our employees and families, our local communities and our world.
- We are Mindful - We seek to be present and aware, to be respectful, active listeners (with each other and with our customers alike), and to pay attention to detail. We don’t rush to judgement, and when we are swept up by strong emotions we patiently observe and acknowledge them and try to not just react. Our mindfulness leads to better understanding, and more respectful, careful and deliberate choices.
- We are Driven by Excellence - We are driven by our mission and our passion for customer success. Being driven also means that we relentlessly pursue excellence, that we do not tolerate mediocrity, that we reward based on merit, and that we work intensely to achieve our goals. Being driven doesn’t mean that we are assholes and plough over people or tolerate a culture of aggressiveness. We are a team. Part of our drive is to bring everyone along in our collective achievement.
- We are High Integrity - We seek open and honest communication, and hold ourselves to very high moral and ethical standards. When we say we will do something, we do it. When we are having difficulty and need help, we talk about it. We treat each other and our customers with the utmost respect. We reject manipulation, dishonesty and intolerance. We welcome vulnerability and uncertainty, which needs to be listened to in order to bring people along, and helps us to constantly learn and improve. Our customers and partners implicitly experience us as high integrity, and our customer centric choices demonstrate this to them again and again.