Software Engineer Intern, Data Recommendations Team (Summer 2021)
Posted on 3/11/2021
San Francisco, CA, USA
Data Structures & Algorithms
- Strong knowledge of computer science fundamentals, including object-oriented design, data structures, and algorithms
- Proficient with a programming language, such as Python, Java, or Scala
- Self-driven, highly motivated, and able to learn quickly
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Familiarity with design and development of large-scale platforms and services
- Familiarity with data processing frameworks and tools such as Spark, Hadoop, Hive, and Kafka
- Familiarity with databases such as MySQL and Redshift
- Familiarity with infrastructure as code tools such as Terraform, Ansible and Packer
- Familiarity with developing end-to-end data pipelines
- Build and integrate scalable backend systems, services, platforms, and tools
- Collaborate with data scientists and engineers to solve complex data problems at scale
- Identify and evaluate new technologies that improve performance, maintainability and elegance of our infrastructure
- Contribute to a team culture that values inclusiveness and quality while fostering innovation
Online course provider
Udemy’s mission is to create new possibilities for people and organizations everywhere by connecting them to the knowledge and skills they need to succeed in a changing world. They are building a shared knowledge repository to help people learn.
- Global benefits - Our many benefits, equity, and time-off programs are made-to-fit for each of our international locations.
- Charitable matching - Help a cause that matters to you. We match monetary contributions up to a certain annual limit for eligible nonprofits and charities.
- Learning incentives - Get free access to Udemy and Udemy Business courses plus a yearly stipend to spend on your professional development.
- UBelong program - We prioritize Diversity and Inclusion through events, trainings, and meet-ups facilitated by our many Employee Resource Groups.
- Learning programs - Our amazing Learning and Development team regularly provides top-notch training sessions and company-wide learning initiatives.
- Guest speakers - We believe in diversity of perspective and regularly host speakers from a variety of industries and backgrounds.
- Brain food - When in the office employees can enjoy snacks for all dietary preferences and restrictions.
- Company events - Enjoy company celebrations, wellness events, and fun extracurriculars like yoga, cooking classes, karaoke, and more.
- Well-being memberships - Stay zen with free access to the entire Headspace library. Plus, get free coaching and therapy sessions through Modern Health.
- Groups and clubs - Connect with others who share your interests. We have dozens of groups, including Women at Udemy and Culture Crew.
Company Core Values
- Mission Inspired, Results Obsessed
- Always Learning
- Individually Humble, Collectively Proud
- Earnestly Authentic