Posted on 8/24/2022
Plano, TX, USA • Irving, TX, USA
Development Operations (DevOps)
- B.S. or M.S. preferably in Computer Science or related field or equivalent work experience with a strong CS foundation
- 5+ years of experience as a DevOps/Site Reliability Engineer
- Experience in designing/building systems for websites/applications/web properties
- Hands-on expertise in debugging prod/non-prod environment issues
- Familiarity with CDN i.e Akamai or Amazon CloudFront
- Understanding of Networking concepts such as TCP, IP, HTTP, HTTPS, Firewall, Iptables within AWS and Linux platforms
- Experience in configuration management tools like Ansible, Chef, Puppet (Ansible is preferred)
- Hands-on expertise in Content Management systems like AEM, WordPress, etc
- Strong understanding and working experience with CI/CD and available tools i.e usage of Jenkins, Selenium, Serenity, Cucumber, Sonar & Gherkin, etc
- Experience in Web Server applications like Apache and Nginx
- Ability to quickly acquire new skills and tools
- Troubleshoot performance and stability issues
- Be a clear communicator, document your work and share your ideas
- Responsible for the quality of everything produced, if you build it, you run it
- Work with internal web technology, IT, and Security Operations teams to build and sustain Web sites/applications
- Highly motivated, reliable, detailed, driven to produce high-quality work and thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Be a single point of contact to support all non-prod environments
Data management & visualization platform
Splunk's mission is to address the challenges and opportunities of managing massive streams of machine-generated big data. Splunk is the leading software platform for machine data that enables customers to gain real-time Operational Intelligence.
- Medical, dental and vision insurance plans for regular, full-time U.S. employees — choose the best plans for you and your family. Plus: Health Savings Account (HSA), Life insurance and survivor benefits, Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA), Business travel and accident insurance, Voluntary Critical Illness & Hospital Indemnity
- Eligible employees enjoy: 401(k) Plan with a company match, Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP), Equity awards, Bonus or commission program
- We support you and your family: Paid parental leave, Mother rooms and wellness rooms, Family Planning
- Your work/life balance is important to us, that's why we offer: 16 company holidays, 15 vacation days, 10 sick days, 10 bereavement days, 5 volunteer days
- Ensuring our employees' success goes beyond insurance plans: Education reimbursement, Electric car charging stations, Employee Assistance Program (EAP), Stocked kitchens, Gym discounts/onsite fitness centers, Pet insurance discount, Student loan resources, Cool workspace with collaborative environments, 529 College Savings Plan
- Innovative: We’re passionate about our customer success. We keep our energy laser-focused on giving our customers the best possible and most trustworthy experience, driven ultimately by integrity. After all, we’d be nothing without them.
- Open: We never stop learning or striving to create a positive impact. The work we do matters. We innovate at warp speed to disrupt the world's notion of what’s possible.
- Disruptive: We are humble and value openness and honesty. We speak our truths mindfully and in consideration of others. Candor is cool - respect is required.
- Fun: We embrace the ride (preferably in a Splunk t-shirt). We take our work seriously, but not ourselves. We weave an irreverent and infectious sense of fun into everything we do.
- Passionate: We cultivate an inclusive environment where all backgrounds are celebrated. Striving for equity and embracing our individual uniqueness is our secret sauce. And it will only make us stronger.
- #WeAreSplunk: We represent many functions and regions but are one team. We value each other's efforts and moonshot ideas. And we celebrate highs, and learn from lows, together. We trust and rely on each other. Remember: There’s no “I” in Splunk.