New York, New York
6 month growth↓ -7%
1 year growth↓ -7%
2 year growth↓ -7%
- 5-7+ years of experience in product within B2B tech
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Experience with 0-to-1 product launches and products at scale
- Strong quantitative analysis skills
- Strong written communication skills
- Driving innovative products for our banking customers and prospects to help them win primacy and increase LTV
- Establishing yourself as a thought leader and acting as a steward for customer centricity both internally and externally
- Working closely with Pinwheel sales, engineering, marketing, and design teams to bring your vision to reality
- Developing systems so projects deliver high-quality results even if you’re not involved day-to-day
- Experience building infrastructure APIs (and the challenges that come with their slower adoption and iteration cycles)
Pinwheel - Building a fairer financial system by unlocking API access to payroll systems.
More than half of Americans have a poor credit score or no score at all. Since most financial institutions rely on traditional credit scoring to assess risk, that means these people can’t access affordable financial products. Instead, they resort to high-interest credit cards, payday loans, and trigger overdraft fees to make ends meet — which ultimately push them into deeper cycles of debt.
Pinwheel provides an API platform that makes it easy to connect payroll accounts like ADP and Gusto to any app. By unlocking the wealth of identity, income and employment data that sits in these systems, alongside direct access to paychecks, we can help innovators build the next generation of financial products that increase access for the underserved while improving the businesses of our partner fintechs, banks, and lenders.
Who are we looking for?
As a product owner, you will play a key factor in driving Pinwheel’s next stage of growth. At Pinwheel, Product development is an extremely collaborative effort between engineering, design, and customer-facing teams. More concretely, you will be responsible for:
- Driving innovative products for our banking customers and prospects to help them win primacy and increase LTV.
- Establishing yourself as a thought leader and acting as a steward for customer centricity both internally and externally.
- Working closely with Pinwheel sales, engineering, marketing, and design teams to bring your vision to reality.
- Developing systems so projects deliver high-quality results even if you’re not involved day-to-day.
What experience, skills, and qualifications are necessary?
- 5-7+ years of experience in product within B2B tech. Preferably, within startup or fintech environments that have sold into enterprise customers.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- Experience with 0-to-1 product launches and products at scale.
- Strong quantitative analysis skills.
- Strong written communication skills.
- Nice-to-have: experience building infrastructure APIs (and the challenges that come with their slower adoption and iteration cycles).
Best Time to Join - Our company is small but well-funded, meaning you get the upside of starting on the bottom floor with minimal risk.
Be a Cultural Founder - You will have an active hand in molding the company culture and being a part of the entrepreneurial journey.
Build Something Revolutionary - Help build the consumer data infrastructure of the future.
- Great compensation & equity packages
- Full medical, dental, and vision benefits
- Life & short-term disability insurance
- Unlimited vacation
- Paid parental leave
- 401K for retirement planning
- Mentorship opportunities
- Free Citibike membership
- Pet friendly offices and Zoom spaces
At Pinwheel, total compensation is made up of salary + equity + benefits. We recruit motivated and high performing talent, and work to compensate people in line with the value they can bring to the organization in delivering outsized results. The talent market is competitive, and maintaining our ability to recruit and retain the best team possible is a top priority for Pinwheel. When creating an offer, we consider interview performance, candidate experience, external market competitiveness, and internal equity in thoughtfully assessing compensation. The expected cash salary range for this role is $175,000-$225,000.
Diversity & Inclusion at Pinwheel
At Pinwheel, we are committed to building an environment that is diverse and inclusive. We believe that having people across different backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and perspectives enables us not only to build the best financial products, but to help us realize the best versions of ourselves. Pinwheel is an equal opportunity employer, and we aim to be an open and supportive place to work.