Back-End, Intelligence Features
Posted on 7/22/2022
Google Cloud Platform
- Embodies our EAGER values-is ethical, adaptable, gritty, empathetic, and remarkable
- Brings at least three years of experience in back-end development, ideally using Java or other JVM languages
- Has the ability to translate business processes and logic into scalable and performant code that involves interactions with databases, caching layers, or other services and/or APIs
- Understands the principles and best practices of developing software systems at a large-scale level
- Is able to collaborate in person for 2-4 weeks per quarter, traveling if necessary to the hub where the team is based
- Has some experience with AWS or other cloud offerings such as GCP and Azure
- Has a “never-give-up” mindset when faced with tough technical issues
- Listens to others and communicates empathetically to collaborate toward common goals
- Work on our core APIs that process billions of sentences a day
- Work on high-availability scaling and performance problems
- Work with core Grammarly features, like its plagiarism checker, to improve their performance
- Work in a cross-functional team with FE, .NET, and Swift engineers to build new features
- Experiment and build software that is ready to be adjusted to new requirements
- Build integrations with third parties' uni-/bi-directional connections
- Build enterprise SaaS features to bring Grammarly's world-class products to both consumer and business audiences
AI-powered writing assistant
Grammarly is on a mission to improve lives by improving communication. The company operates a browser extension and app that corrects spelling & grammar.
- Free food
- Company Social Outings
- Work From Home Policy
- Unique Office Space
- Health & Wellness Package
- Paid Time Off
- 401K / Retirement Plan
Company Core Values
- Ethical: Be honorable and earn trust by doing the right thing even when no one is watching, every time.
- Adaptable: Embrace change to evolve and succeed, with a positive, problem-solving attitude.
- Gritty: Achieve with passion and perseverance for goals, by doing whatever it takes to get the job done, whenever it’s necessary.
- Empathetic: Treat others as they want to be treated to work well together, by actively listening to put yourself in their shoes and then responding accordingly.
- Remarkable: Always be learning to develop quickly and be exceptional yet humble, by continually seeking out mentors and learning opportunities.