Senior Audio Software Engineer
Confirmed live in the last 24 hours
Burlingame, CA, USA
- Battle ready: You have already worked on a real time audio system for a large consumer application and are not afraid of any part of the technical stack (sound design, signal processing, encoding, transport, transcoding, etc…)
- Experienced: You have 3+ years of experience developing complex immersive/interactive applications (or AAA games) and are passionate about immersive audio and acoustic simulation. You have a BS in a STEM related field
- Knowledgeable: In addition to a very good understanding of audio/video real time delivery, you have a deep knowledge of the physics of sound propagation and the needs of sound designers. You love to pick up new technologies as the landscape evolves
- Versatile: You can easily adapt to any situation when the need arises and come up with the right solution
- Creative: You take a creative and strategic approach to solving hard problems. Bringing real time streaming to build an immersive 3D world should get you thinking about a ton of problems to solve… and really excited as a result
- Help implement our next gen real time immersive audio simulation platform
- Adapt performance for the best quality on all platforms from low end phones to high end desktops
- Take a practical approach to apply research efforts into the Roblox products
- Collaborate with different teams to improve existing and develop new functionality, pipelines, and workflows
- Be guided by the company vision to put the Roblox community first
Game platform and game creation system
Roblox’s mission is to bring the world together through play. They enable anyone to imagine, create, and have fun with friends as they explore millions of immersive 3D experiences, all built by a global community of developers.
- Benefits and Perks - The health and well-being of our employees and their families is our top priority. We offer robust and comprehensive programs with variety to best meet your needs.
- Well-Being Benefits - With flexible time off and a bi-annual, company-wide spring/summer recharge, Roblox knows how to balance working hard with winding down.
- Financial Benefits - Competitive compensation packages, 401(k) matching, and flexible share incentives that let you choose how to share in our success.
- Health and Wellness - Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision benefits, family planning resources, and 12 weeks off for all new parents.
- Flexible Workplace - Our hybrid work schedule balances working onsite and working remotely. Enjoy daily lunch and an in-house fitness center when working from our San Mateo headquarters.
Company Core Values
- Inspire Others
- Work Hard
- Respect the Community
- Get Stuff Done