Intern – Enterprise SSD System Engineer
Posted on 10/10/2022
San Jose, CA, USA
- Pursuing a BS or MS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or Electrical Engineering
- Coursework or Knowledge of Operating systems (Linux and Windows) and Computer architecture
- Coursework or Experience developing scripts Batch, Shell and Python
- Programming and debug skills in C/Python or other programming languages
- Knowledge of version control tools such as GIT
- Knowledge or Experience with one or more of the following storage related technologies: Storage systems, NAND Flash, FTL, NVM Express (NVMe), PCI Express (PCIe) is preferred
- You're inclusive, adapting your style to the situation and diverse global norms of our people
- An avid learner, you approach challenges with curiosity and resilience, seeking data to help build understanding
- You're collaborative, building relationships, humbly offering support and openly welcoming approaches
- Innovative and creative, you proactively explore new ideas and adapt quickly to change
- Understand Enterprise SSD product and interface protocol
- Support customer qualification of SSD products on OEM Storage Racks and Servers
- Develop and verify scripts for test automation
- Execute test to validate SSDs
- Analyze performance and test data
- Triage and root cause system, driver and device interoperability issues
- Other responsibilities as assigned
One of the world's largest producers of electronic devices
Samsung's mission is to devote its talent and technology to creating superior products and services that contribute to a better global society. Samsung produces a wide range of electronic devices and is ranked as a top 10 global brand.
- Comprehensive healthcare: Medical, Dental, Vision, Employee assistance program, Telehealth services
- Work life success: PTO, FlexTime, FlexPlace, FlexYourFriday
- Financial wellness: Health savings account, Flexible spending acounts, 401(k), Student loan support, Tuition assistance
- Family first: Pregnancy support, Adoption assistance program, Paid child caregiver leave, Milk stork, WINFertility
- Incentives: Fitness reimbursement, Annual physical. Preventative screenings, Lifestyle management
Company Core Values
- People: Quite simply, a company is its people. At Samsung, we’re dedicated to giving our people a wealth of opportunities to reach their full potential.
- Excellence: Everything we do at Samsung is driven by an unyielding passion for excellence and an unfaltering commitment to develop the best products and services on the market
- Change: As we have done since our foundation, we set our sights on the future, anticipating market needs and demands so we can steer our company toward long-term success.
- Integrity: Operating in an ethical way is the foundation of our business. Everything we do is guided by a moral compass that ensures fairness, respect for all stakeholders and complete transparency.
- Co-prosperity: Samsung is committed to becoming a socially and environmentally responsible corporate citizen in all of its communities worldwide.