Forbes believes in the power of entrepreneurial capitalism and uses it on various platforms to ignite the conversations that drive systemic change in business, culture and society. We celebrate success and are committed to using our megaphone to drive diversity, equity and inclusion.
Forbes is looking for an intern to join our Digital Operations team this summer. The Digital Operations team is responsible for ensuring the flawless execution of Forbes’ digital media advertising campaigns, from pre-sale inventory forecasts and data planning to post-sale set up, optimization, and analytics. As a Digital Operations intern, you will support the Ad Operations and Sales Operations teams. You will have the opportunity to work cross functionally with sales, design, product, tech, and more to gain hands-on professional experience as you help manage day-to-day tasks, contribute to special projects, and attend departmental meetings. You will develop a full understanding of the lifecycle of a digital media campaign, from the RFP to the wrap-up reporting and analytics. You will get hands-on experience with some of digital media’s leading platforms and technology providers. This is a unique opportunity to learn and contribute in a real-world publisher environment at one of the world’s iconic media companies.
- Work with the Sales Operations and Ad Operations teams to support the sale of digital campaigns across Forbes.com
- Gather and analyze data to create case studies for key business verticals that tell an impactful story
- Suggest and make campaign optimizations and revisions to improve campaign performance and/or delivery
- Attend a number of weekly meetings, both within the team and with external teams or vendors
- Create, pull, and analyze delivery reports on a weekly basis to ensure smooth program execution
- Assist with updating and advancing our Order Management System media tree and line item products
- Strategize and aid in the development of RFP responses by providing insights into Forbes’ audience and offering supporting data points on developing media plans
- Set up test pages for custom units and assist with quality assurance
- Utilize systems like Google Ad Manager, MOAT, DoubleVerify, IAS, Adbook, Comscore, and more to pull site-level or campaign-level insights that will lead to optimizations in live campaigns or in RFP responses
- Assist with projects, presentations, or meetings as needed
Desired Skills & Qualifications:
- Currently studying a relevant discipline (Advertising, Communication, Business, Marketing, etc.)
- Familiarity with Microsoft Excel/Google Sheets
- Interest or previous experience in digital media
- Eager to learn about digital advertising operations
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to handle multiple tasks/prioritize tasks
- Self-motivated individuals who are looking for a dynamic, smart, and fun team to learn from
About our Summer Intern Program
- The Forbes office is currently remote. This internship will be a remote position.
- Our internships are paid.
- This internship will take place from June 12 to August 18
- This internship is approximately 40 hours/week Monday-Friday.
- You will join be joining an intern class of other students that will be placed throughout our various teams (Editorial, Sales and Marketing, Tech and Product).
- Interns are invited to weekly presentations to hear from leaders within the organization.
The hourly rate for this role is $21.00 - $21.00
Forbes has estimated the compensation range set forth above in good faith. The compensation range is what we believe we will offer, and ultimately pay, a successful candidate. In determining this range, we consider the experience, level of education (if applicable to the role), knowledge, skills, and abilities required to be had by a successful candidate as well as the budget and the company’s pay rates, generally. This said, we may have to make changes to our compensation estimates and job descriptions from time to time and we expressly reserve the right to do so. Should we make any such changes, this advertisement will be revised to reflect such revisions. We encourage you to occasionally re-visit this advertisement to ensure that you are abreast of any changes. Thank you for your interest in joining Forbes!
Forbes aims to offer employees the flexibility they need in order to be successful. We offer a hybrid work schedule for our employees. Some roles may be remote (within the U.S.) if it aligns to the needs of the position. Any employee entering the Forbes office for business or social reasons will need to present proof of full vaccination, unless eligible for a medical or religious accommodation or other accommodation required under applicable law.
Forbes is an equal opportunity employer.
Staff and Applicant Privacy Notice