Robotics Navigation Engineer
Posted on 11/2/2022
Huntsville, AL, USA
Data Structures & Algorithms
- Bachelor's degree in advanced technical field (electrical engineering, software engineering, aerospace engineering, mechanical engineering, or equivalent) and 4 - 8 years of prior relevant experience or master's degree with 2 - 6 years of prior relevant experience
- 2+ years of relevant experience with one or more sensor fusion algorithms: extended Kalman filters, unscented Kalman filters, particle filters, or factor graphs
- Programming & analysis experience in MATLAB
- US Citizen able to obtain & maintain a Secret security clearance after hiring
- Develop algorithms for real-time GPS-denied navigation of robotic platforms
- Navigate a variety of platforms, including aircraft, ships, ground vehicles, and pedestrians
- Use multiple sensor fusion algorithms, including extended Kalman filters, unscented Kalman filters, particle filters, and factor graphs
- Fuse simulated and real-world sensor inputs from inertial sensors, GPS, altimeters, cameras, lidar, odometers, and ranging radios
- Use computer vision techniques like feature matching, SLAM, and visual odometry to extract navigation measurements from imagery
- Work within a team of 3-5 engineers to test algorithms on demonstration hardware
- Travel with the team to demonstrate systems in real-world conditions; typically lasts 1-2 weeks and occurs 3-4 times a year
- Present techniques, solutions, and results to the team and to customers
- Master's or PhD Degree in one of the majors listed above
- Experience with one or more of the sensors listed above
- Experience deploying navigation algorithms to real-time applications
- Experience with computer vision techniques
- Experience with machine learning, particularly convolutional neural networks
- Experience with Linux, C++, and/or Python
- Experience with version control tools, especially Git or Subversion
- Experience with autonomous system development through robotics competitions
- Existing US security clearance (Secret or above)
Scientific & engineering systems integration service
Leidos’s mission is to make the world safer, healthier, and more efficient through technology, engineering, and science. The company is a leader in systems integration and technical solutions while working closely with all branches of the U.S. military, the U.S. Department of Defense, other U.S. government civil agencies, and also customers in select markets across the globe.
- Medical, dental, & vision insurance
- Health Savings account
- Income protection
- Paid parental leave
- Jury duty pay
- Bereavement leave
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Family Benefits
Company Core Values
- Integrity: Is having the courage to make tough ethical decisions, taking pride in our work, being transparent with our team, and being respectful of everyone.
- Inclusion: Is fostering a sense of belonging, welcoming all perspectives and contributions, and providing equal access to opportunities and resources for everyone.
- Innovation: Is not limited to our engineers and scientists. It is acting as a catalyst. Being tenacious and curious to help us excel and be a part of a learning organization.
- Agility: Is being flexible, creative, and resilient. It is our ability to think and act small while using the size and strength of our balance sheet to our advantage.
- Collaboration: Is being team-oriented and proactively engaging to meet shared objectives. It is about building relationships and staying connected with each other.
- Commitment: Is being accountable, taking ownership, modeling servant leadership, and operating with a sense of urgency to our customers and teams.