Weee! is the largest and fastest-growing ethnic e-grocer in the United States, operating in one of the largest underserved categories in retail with affordable access to exciting ethnic food. By partnering with local suppliers, redesigning the value chain and leveraging social buying, Weee! is reshaping the grocery business entirely. You can read more about us on Business Insider, Reuters and TechCrunch.
Weee! is headquartered in Fremont, CA, and is currently available coast to coast with exceptional growth (5x YoY) across geographies, categories and ethnicities. We have raised $800M+ in funding to date from leading investors including Softbank Vision Funds, DST, Blackstone, Tiger Global, Lightspeed Ventures, Goodwater Capital, XVC and iFly. The opportunity now is to join a rocketship as we prepare for the next stage of growth, and an eventual public listing.
About the role
Come and join our fun, fast-growing and dynamic team! You will have the opportunity to build processes, collaborate cross-functionally and play a key role in the team’s ability to scale. The General Ledger Accountant will support the timely completion of the month-end close. This role will also, own various functional accounting areas and gain exposure to ad-hoc initiatives.
- Prepare journal entries for review
- Reconcile, investigate, and resolve variances in general ledger accounts
- Assist in improving and streamlining month-end close processes
- Provide support for the monthly financial statement and annual reporting
- Assist in preparation of key accounts flux analysis for management review
- Support audit requirements related to specifically assigned areas
- Maintain an accrued liability and payment schedule for contractual vendors
- Assist with bank reconciliations, credit card reconciliations, and cash management
- Assist with implementing and maintaining accounting policies and procedures
- Assist in internal financial controls and procedure documentation
- Assist with ad-hoc projects as needed
- 5+ years of general accounting experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance / Accounting
- Proficient skills with MS Excel, MS Word, and accounting ERP systems, SAP preferred
- Attention to detail, organized and high level of accuracy
- Strong analytical, problem solving, and multitasking skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated ability to succeed in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial business
- Comprehensive health insurance package, including medical, dental, and vision. PPO/HMO packages
- 401k, 4% company match
- Annual bonus plan, bi-annual pay out
- Vacation and holiday time off
- Monthly mobile stipend
- Monthly Weee! Points credits
- The US base salary range for this full-time position is $60,000-$80,000
- This role may be eligible to discretionary bonus, incentives and benefits
- Our salary ranges are determined by role, level, and location
The range displayed on each job posting reflects the minimum and maximum base salary for new hires for the position across all US locations. Within the range, individual pay is determined by multiple factors like job-related skills, experience and work locations. Your recruiter can share more about the specific salary range during the hiring process.
Please note that the compensation details listed in US role postings reflect the base salary only, and do not include any variable compensation elements.