Posted on 12/22/2022
Newport Beach, CA, USA
- BS/MS in Robotics, Mechatronics, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Aerospace or other translate-able technical field
- Previous experience with high speed vehicle systems design: Aero, airframe, propulsions, guidance, navigation and controls. Associated systems architecture with commercial drones or UAVs or equivalent relevant experience driving complex electro-mechanical assemblies
- Collaboration in preparing for the high-volume build and fielding considerations for consumer electronic products in a senior or architect-level role
- Understanding of aerodynamics, avionics and flight systems
- Must possess, or have recently held, and be able to maintain an active U.S. Top Secret security clearance
- Technical lead for system level design, build, and test for unmanned, high speed air vehicles through expedient design, iteration build, test and fielding. Deliverables driven. Hands-on. Know-how. Lowest churn in getting the job done
- Mentorship expected in leading cross-functional engineering groups and previous product(s) experience. Guide other functional areas in your background, engineering disciplines, strengths and lessons learned
- Collaboration: Work with our product management, business development teams to distill a CONOP and identify best path for implementation
- Problem-solving: Exhibit Leadership in navigating challenges encountered during product development
- Define the architecture topology that best meets the CONOP, and understand key trades that are made through simulation and/or exploratory prototyping techniques. This includes but is not limited to developing accurate models to direct design of various vehicle subsystems (air frame, sensing, compute, communications, powertrain, energy storage and management, etc.)
- Select components and material for aerodynamic and electro-mechanical systems on the Anduril UAS to deliver against the architecture
- Prioritize and develop engineering strategies and accompanied resource plans. This is achieved by creating meaningful abstraction between sub-systems to guiding engineering development efforts at scale and speed
- Incorporate Design For Manufacture and other production considerations on the way to high-quality mass production
- Lead subcontractor development scope of work
- Maintain awareness and ownership of product cost goals
- Provide guidance and recommendations for follow-on supply chain planning
- Create and carry out a validation plan for the end to end system
- Lead in technical resolution for performance, reliability, yield, issues through development and transition into production
Technology products for defense & national security
Anduril's mission is to transform US & allied military capabilities with advanced technology.
- Full Family Health Coverage
- 16 Weeks Paid Leave for All Caregivers
- Family Planning & Support
- Incentivized Time Off
- Mental Health Resources
- Financial Planning
- Unlimited Provisions
- Professional Development
Company Core Values
- Impact - Everyone at Anduril has the ability to be a catalyst. You will be encouraged to make your mark from day 1 and be supported every day after.
- Autonomy - Self-motivation is a key component to success. We encourage you to cultivate your ideas, and show, don’t tell. We’re ready whenever you are.
- Speed - We move incredibly fast and welcome people who embrace the quick-paced nature of our work. It is not uncommon for an idea on a Monday to be a prototype by Friday. We ship in weeks, not years.
- Culture - Our team is a collective of intelligent and curious individuals who share the common goal of creating a safer tomorrow - and living balanced, fulfilled lives while doing so.