Posted on 6/15/2022
Los Angeles, CA, USA • Remote
- Have at least three years reporting or editing experience on a fast-paced news desk with a relentless desire for distinctive coverage
- Understand how information - and disinformation - travels online and pitch the best stories of the day before they hit the mainstream
- Be savvy about news happening on and off the internet, and be skeptical enough to not immediately fall into accepted narratives
- Be able to handle high-pressure, quick-deadline situations on some of the most competitive stories in the world
- Be able to appreciate and see the value in lighter, social news, while reporting it with the same degree of seriousness and skill that you'll bring to an in-depth, hard news feature
- Be ready to hit the phones, know how to scour social media sources, and produce original reporting and angles
- Understand where to find public records and how to fight for them
- Even if you don't meet every qualification here, but think you could shine in this job, you should apply. Not everyone has the same path to this career and industry, and that's why we really do read every single application
- This newsroom is not for the complacent
- Be game to constantly try new things
- Stay on top of the latest developments in how people communicate online
- Push to get the best information to people as fast as possible
Cross-platform digital media company
Buzzfeed is committed to making the internet better: providing trusted, quality, brand-safe news and entertainment to hundreds of millions of people; making content on the Internet more inclusive, empathetic, and creative; and inspiring their audience to live better lives.
- Wellness - Comprehensive benefits for medical, dental, and vision insurance with a focus on Wellness. Plus discounts on Gyms, Care.com, and access to resources like Maven, Tend Dental, and One Medical.
- Planning for the future - Take advantage of the 401(k) plan with a company match, short and long-term disability coverage and life insurance.
- Work-life balance - We offer our employees paid time off (including your birthday!), paid holidays and generous leave options for life events such as becoming a parent or getting married.
- Career development - Opportunities for personal and professional growth via work experience, offerings from our in-house Learning @ BuzzFeed team, our Employee Resource Groups, and more.