San Francisco, California
6 month growth↑ 5%
1 year growth↑ 20%
2 year growth↑ 173%
- 2 to 4 years of experience in tax including researching technical issues
- Experience with sales tax registrations and returns processes
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Monitor and track the latest US sales tax and international VAT legislation
- Support the filing of sales tax registrations and returns
- Engage closely with customers and prospects to help navigate tax compliance
- Support analysis and direction for ad hoc projects related to US sales tax and international VAT
- Work closely with Anrok’s Legal, Finance, and Tax (LFT) and Engineering teams
- Entrepreneurial attitude and passion to build a business from the ground up
- Comfortable engaging with customers on tax topics and processes
At Anrok, our mission is to empower SaaS businesses to operate in any market. A key challenge today for Internet business is the changing landscape of sales tax. In the last few years, SaaS businesses have gone from not having to worry about sales tax, to needing to monitor their exposure, calculate local sales tax rates, and remit returns in over 20 US states. Anrok plugs into a customer’s billing and payment systems and automates compliance.
We have raised over $24M at a valuation north of $100M from Sequoia Capital and Index Ventures who co-led both our seed and A rounds. We have assembled a world-class team with employees in San Francisco, Seattle, Denver, Houston, and beyond.
We’re looking for a Tax Associate who cares about working with customers to simplify complex problems and build scalable processes. In this role, you will help execute and automate tax compliance for the fastest-growing segment of the economy.
In this role, you will:
Monitor and track the latest US sales tax and international VAT legislation and developments across the US and support tax technical analyses as needed.
Support the filing of sales tax registrations and returns.
Engage closely with customers and prospects to help navigate tax compliance and Anrok’s platform.
Help to support analysis and direction for ad hoc projects related to US sales tax and international VAT.
Work closely with Anrok’s Legal, Finance, and Tax (LFT) and Engineering teams to continue to develop and build out Anrok’s tax platform.
What excites us:
You have a strong background with 2 to 4 years of experience in tax including researching technical issues as well as the registration and returns processes.
You enjoy engaging with customers and take a solutions-oriented approach, and are comfortable engaging with customers on tax topics and processes.
You embrace solving problems and always push for change and improvement.
You have an entrepreneurial attitude and passion to build a business from the ground up.
Strong written and verbal communication skills are a must.
What we offer:
The equity upside of an early-stage startup with the product-market fit of a later-stage company.
Work where you want: the Anrok SF office or wherever you call home.
Medical, dental, and vision insurance covered 100%.
One Medical membership covered, flexible sick benefits and more.
Company-wide holidays over the winter break.
Annual learning and development stipend for books, online courses, and conferences, as well as a curious team to share your learnings with.
Bi-annual team offsites and optional quarterly gatherings at the SF HQ office.